Troubleshoot your device issues
RMDEQ6's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Wednesday, February 10th, 2016 6:14 PM

AirCard 340U Firmware Update Fails on Windows 10 Pro

I tried to follow the instructions to upgrade the firmware for this modem. On Windows 10 Pro (10.0.10586 Build 10586), however, the AT&T AllAccess app (Version 4.0.3.591) has no "Update" tab.

So, I downloaded ATT_AC340U_eMR2_upgrade_Win.exe to my computer. I select "Run as Administrator" and for seven minutes I get a popup window from NetGear that says "Switching device to boot & hold mode..." and has a timer (which is not frozen) and a percentage indicator.

While the app is running the AT&T All Access app under Settings.About says all Device Information is N/A and the AirCard itself displays the AT&T globe logo on its screen. This window appears for about seven minutes, the message never changes, the percentage never budges from 0%. After about seven minutes (7:02), the window disappears.

When I return to the AT&T AllAccess app and check my firmware verision (under 'Settings.About') it still says it is N/A. At this point, my system considers the AirCard Unspecified Device that needs troubleshooting. After waiting 30 minutes, the status remains the same.

If I restart my computer or even unplug and replug the AirCard, the top line of the AirCard displays signal bars, "4GLTE" logo and "AT&T". The second line says "Ready to connect". The AirCard is recognized as a modem, but AT&T AllAccess Settings.About says the firmware is still SWI9XC_01.05.11.52.

(There is also no way to pin 'Settings.About' within the AT&T AllAccess app, but this is just a UI issue)

What can I do to upgrade the firmware on my AirCard 340U?

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

8 years ago

Hi there! @RMDEQ6 thanks for posting your concerns. I’m sorry to hear the update is not working for you. You can get and install the update for Windows 10 directly from Netgear at http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/26983

You’ll want to download from the AC340U Firmware Version 01.13.12.14 for Windows 10 link and ensure the AirCard is plugged in when installing it.

Thank you,

Kevin

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

8 years ago

Thanks!

I'm now running that firmware from the Netgear website.

My AT&T AllAccess app still has red text at the top that says "New firmware available", but Settings.About says I have NTG9X15C_01.13.12.14, so I presume I can ignore the red text.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I am having similar issues! However I cannot seem to update I keep getting the error, "ERROR_FWMGMT_OPEN_STATE_FAIL"

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I have updated both the AT& All access software and the firmware on the device; the device says its ready to connect but the All Access software still says there is no device attached

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

7 years ago

The Windows 10 01.13.12.14 fails for me -- a popup saying "... failed" appears
about 40% into the update. The updater finishes after clicking OK, but the
firmware is still at 1.05.11.52 .
This is necessarily on a virtual machine (VMware) because the updater is only

available for Windows 7 or Windows 10 .
That is a MAJOR problem for anyone running WIndows 8/8.1 .
Is there any solution to that, or are updates simply not possible for
Windows 8/8.1 users?

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

7 years ago

I have the same "no device attached" problem from AT&T AllAccess (also Netgear Watcher).

Firmware is still 01.05.11.52, due to the updater not working.

• 

25.7K Messages

7 years ago

How do you know what version of firmware you have. I'm having the same(or similar) problem but I don't know how to find my firmware version to see if it updated.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.