Troubleshoot your device issues
dayres's profile

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Friday, November 21st, 2008 4:50 PM

Closed

ActiveSync only working sometime....

I just loaded 6.1 on my Tilt and had to set up ActiveSync/Exchange from Scratch.
It was working great yesterday, but today the Direct Push only works off and on.
It stopped overnight and then I manually activated ActiveSync this am.
It worked for a while but now it is not updating as email comes in.

Suggestions?

Thanks

David

Accepted Solution

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

15 years ago

Thanks guys,

I deleted the Exchange account and re-entered per your suggestions.  

Outgoing mail seems to be working fine.... I still don't think it is as good as my original configuration with WM 6.

I noticed the ActiveSync window opens repeatedly during the day and I never had that previously.

David

Mentor

• 

21 Messages

15 years ago

Check your ActiveSync schedule on your phone. You can specify peak and off-peak times. I noticed that my phone would stop pushing email after 8PM because off peak time was set to manually sync.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

15 years ago

I have it checked to Allow Items as they come in.

I just noticed that an email I send from the phone last night was still in the Outbox... I got an error message with that too.   8500200c
I deleted the email to see if that may kickstart the Direct Push function again.

Mentor

• 

21 Messages

15 years ago

Oh...I had that happen on my 8525. I ended up having to delete the partnership and re-set it up

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

15 years ago

Thanks,

Did you have to change any setting or just reset and repeat the same process?

Mentor

• 

21 Messages

15 years ago

Remove the server source in the ActiveSync app:

Menu > Options, highlight Microsoft Exchange then press delete

Then re-setup the Exchange sync as normal. Make sure you have a good sync before you do this, as it will remove all mail, contacts, calendar and tasks. It will re-add them all once you set up the sync again.

Guru

• 

495 Messages

15 years ago

I also found that I would have problems if I dropped out of coverage, like in a subway system, and then re-established connection.  Cycling the radio off & on in Comm Manager seemed to take care of that.

@dayres wrote:
I just loaded 6.1 on my Tilt and had to set up ActiveSync/Exchange from Scratch.
It was working great yesterday, but today the Direct Push only works off and on.
It stopped overnight and then I manually activated ActiveSync this am.
It worked for a while but now it is not updating as email comes in.

Suggestions?

Thanks

David

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.