Explore & discover

Helpful Links

ATT does not recognize OnePlus One

Highlighted
Contributor

ATT does not recognize OnePlus One

The OnePlus One is an LTE phone but ATT does recognize it as compatible. Therefore, I am getting 3g.  I have called customer service twice and asked them to register my phone as LTE compatible with ATT and I have been told it can't be done.  This is crazy making.  Any suggestions?  My APN setting are correct, by the way.

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 8
ACE - Expert

Re: ATT does not recognize OnePlus One

Being an LTE phone does not mean it is compatible with AT&T's LTE network. I don't know the exact reason it won't work but I do note that the phone does not support LTE bands 2 and 5. ATT's LTE network uses bands 2, 4, 5 and 17. That means the phone will get LTE in some places but not others, depending on frequencies and bands ATT is using in a particular area. You also need an LTE compatible sim card, in case you don't have that. Try doing a google search of "oneplus one at&t lte", plenty of people have LTE working.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 8
Contributor

Thank you.  The OnePlus One does support band 17 and I have seen all the forums re: OnePlus and ATT LTE. I will go back into the store and make sure the sim card I have is LTE and if I don't get LTE on my phone then I will call ATT tech yet again and try to get them to register my phone. 

Message 3 of 8
ACE - Sage

This is a typical problem with phones that are not in AT&T 's computer system
You might have the same problem with an iPhone 6, international, unlocked version. (In fact it has)

The best way to get it running correctly is to have the sim activated on AT&T system in an another phone already on AT&T 's system, then install in your phone. This method has worked for the other users of the one plus one on AT&T network.

Enjoy the phone! I have been watching the one plus one myself. Fantastic phone!

FYI - The same activation method is needed to use on other networks. Unlike AT&T, Verizon makes it very difficult to activate and refuses to allow the out of contract, BYOD, discount. But you will get the discount on AT&T network.
(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 8
ACE - Sage
Solution
Accepted by Administrator (Administrator)
Accepted by Lingoes
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

I dug this out of the archives for you!
It includes the APN settings which will save you a trip.

https://forums.att.com/t5/Android/APN-settings-for-my-OnePlus-One/td-p/4021800
(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Tags (1)
Message 5 of 8
ACE - Expert

+1 for this method. Got a co-worker's OnePlus One working that way by activating an LTE-capable SIM in an AT&T HTC One M7, then moving the SIM over. There was no need to do anything else, the phone picked up LTE right away. Didn't even touch the APN settings.

lizdance40 wrote:
This is a typical problem with phones that are not in AT&T 's computer system
You might have the same problem with an iPhone 6, international, unlocked version. (In fact it has)

The best way to get it running correctly is to have the sim activated on AT&T system in an another phone already on AT&T 's system, then install in your phone. This method has worked for the other users of the one plus one on AT&T network.

Enjoy the phone! I have been watching the one plus one myself. Fantastic phone!

FYI - The same activation method is needed to use on other networks. Unlike AT&T, Verizon makes it very difficult to activate and refuses to allow the out of contract, BYOD, discount. But you will get the discount on AT&T network.

Message 6 of 8
Employee

Hi All,

Im installed AT&T Yesokay app but its not processing further, just 3 blue dots are coming and going on..like that

kindly assist.

Thanks

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 7 of 8
Employee

Hi All,

Im installed AT&T Yesokay app but its not processing further, just 3 blue dots are coming and going on..like that

kindly assist.

Thanks

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 8 of 8
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support