Troubleshoot your device issues
Smithtrj's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Tuesday, June 13th, 2017 10:09 AM

ATT HOMEBASE

We recently switched from Exede satellite service to ATT HOMEBASE. ATT is considerably slower and very unreliable. I bought this to telework from home and it has been a nightmare. I even bought a professionally installed signal booster to make this work (about $1000)!

Every morning we have to restart it 2 or 4 times to get full signal. During the day it peters out. Limiteds channel to switch from, when I find a less congested channel to use. I'm stuck with a 2  year contract. I wish I hasn't left Exede. Although they have limited Data, at least I got to use it.!

And this is the second device after turning one in warranty. I'm not sure if the tower is jacked, but when I call ATT they just give me the run around. So frustrated with this device. My iPhone works better than this!

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@Smithtrj Do you have AT&T cell phones at the same location, how well do they work?

If you're still in the first two weeks, you should be able to cancel that (not 100% sure how they're working contracts these days), unfortunately you didn't cancel as soon as you saw there was a problem.

If not, the contract you agreed to is the downside of getting the device for free. You might just need to pay the ETF to get out of it, no sense in paying $60-$100 a month for service if you can't use it. Sorry.

Mentor

• 

35 Messages

6 years ago

I seem to have the same problem. Although mine works best after a reset it slows down to around 3x0.5 fairly fast. I have temporarily installed a surecall booster and have gotten the signal to -67dBm it is still slow. My Verizon phone is 15x5 right next to the home base. After a reset with no booster, if the device stays yellow and signal is -105 or so my speeds go up to 10 download but upload is always slow. Am I on 3G at that point? I am wondering if my device is defective. I wish Verizon had the same 250gb home plan. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

I have the homebase. I use the internet with it.  Worked fine until I had my att  account changed to business account from personal. NOW when signed in ….it tells there is no connection.  The green light is on and blinks as if I am connected. turned off and on...still does not work

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

I have the homebase. I use the internet with it.  Worked fine until I had my att  account changed to business account from personal. NOW when signed in ….it tells there is no connection.  The green light is on and blinks as if I am connected. turned off and on...still does not work

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

I thought about switching to the business account.. Glad I didn't. The HomeBase finally starting working like it should. In fact, it's faster than my computer at the hospital. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.