For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Troubleshoot your device issues
HonestyTC's profile

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

Sunday, March 2nd, 2014 5:51 PM

AT&T return Labels do not work to track phone

Why can't I track my return AT&T phone with the USPS tracking number? Every time I type in the the ttracking number it says not available or not found after 3 days of mailing it. Which number is the correct tracking number on the return Label. Thee are 2 bar codes with tracking numbers under them.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

6.6K Messages

10 years ago

@HonestyTC wrote:
Why can't I track my return AT&T phone with the USPS tracking number? Every time I type in the the ttracking number it says not available or not found after 3 days of mailing it. Which number is the correct tracking number on the return Label. Thee are 2 bar codes with tracking numbers under them.

It's been a while since I returned something to AT&T. There were two different tracking numbers, one for USPS and one for AT&T (SmartLabel, IIRC). There may've been a link to the tracking site in some of email communcation with AT&T, I don't recall now. The one you really want though is the smartlabel one because even after USPS delivers your return to AT&T it takes a while for it to enter the SmartLabel system (at least it did with my return).

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Thanks for the answer to my question about return Label. It helped me track the item.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

I am having the same issue with the return process.   I have tried for days to track the phone that was incorrectly sent to me.   I thought this would be an easy process has become a headache.   I followed the instructions in the original box.   Pleased the smartlabel provided on the box and gave it to the USPS office several days ago.    The people I've talked to keep saying just wait but after reading these threads, I'm getting concerned.   I have gone to the Newgistics web site each day if not hourly becuase the Asurion people that support this process don't seems to know why this is hard.   Keep waiting is getting old and costly given the disruption to my service for not having the phone to use.   After reading these threads, i'm extreamly concerned that this has fallen into the black hole of returns.    What can I do to get this resolved?   All I want is the original item replaced.   Can anyone help?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

They finally recieved my returned item.   It took a week but it looks like this may get resolved.   Fingers crossed. 

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

ATT return can be tracked with following website. make sure to use barcode number on top of the return label (other then USPS tracking number)

http://www.tracking.smartlabel.com/

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

the return number provided needs to be "recieved" by USPS front counter.

I have done the same 3x within the last 15 years with AT&T.  the first time i could not track it either. The front counter Postal worker suggested that I need to bring it to the front counter and their tracking "recieved" will print you a reciept. not until it is RECIEVED will it be able to track using the USPS number provided for your parcel return.

Without a recieved reciept, it will run like a regular postage envelope. it just provides the scanner where to go and that its paid for.

ALSO, the postal service person said that this paid postage is the SLOWEST AND CHEAPEST postage available. so your product COULD take up to 3 weeks to get to the return parcel destination.  I live in Hawaii and they said that it was on a shipping container that needs to be filled before it sails to the continental US.  I asked AT&T to call me when they receive it. It took 7 weeks for it to reach its destination. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

It has happened to me now for the second time.  The first shipment I returned to AT&T sat at the post office where I dropped it for 5 days. When I asked why it would happen I was told there was a special driver that only picks up once a week. Seriously? That is what the postal worker said. I suppose we are not to complain since they are returning via free shipping label. 

Latest thing is I am waiting to find out about an Apple Watch purchased online from AT&T. I shipped the return on 5/18. It's now 5/28 and still no information with the tracking number. 

Won't happen again. I'll go to Best Buy, Apple, etc. Not AT&T.  Poor customer service for sure. 

Teacher

• 

34 Messages

6 years ago

Why oh why doesn't AT&T mention on their return labels that in order to be able to track, you have to take it to the USPS counter and get a tracking number from them? Also it must be through the counter not the kiosk in the lobby.  Very inconvenient and frustrating!

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

I haven’t been able to track my damaged phone either.  The instructions said to put it in the USPS box. It was this past Saturday and there is no one at the counter except for a two hour window so I used the drop box.  I wish I would have read all of this before I did that.  I certainly don’t want an extra charge on my bill. I see this has been an issue  for several years.  You think it would have been fixed by now or new instructions given.  

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Now I want to add that the tracking number finally came up. I used this link in the first place but the tracking number wasn’t found until today. Here is the link I used.  http://tracking.newgistics.com

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.