Explore & discover

Helpful Links

AT&T prepaid unlock

Highlighted
Contributor

AT&T prepaid unlock

ZTE Z835 prepaid phone purchased Keene NH August 2017 for uni student on exchange study. 

Now back in UK  and wish to unlock phone for UK use. Cannot complete 6 month use on AT&T prepaid as n o t in US long enough. Cannot call AT&T on prepaid phone from UK, n o network coverage! Local store in Keene would not assist in unlock even with evidence of UK return . 

Any solutions?

Message 1 of 4
ACE - Professor
Solution
Accepted by ACE - Sage (ACE - Sage)
Accepted by lizdance40
‎12-17-2017 4:15 AM

Re: AT&T prepaid unlock

Don't waste your time,the phone won't fully work in UK even you get it unlocked.
Unless you like to use 2G or 3G 2100 only with EE or Vodafone UK.
LTE won't work in UK and EU.
Better off buying a new phone with EE...etc. Unless local store can help you for a few quit !!

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 4
Contributor

Re: ZTE UK Use

Many thanks for your swift & informed reply.
Message 3 of 4
Tutor

Re: ZTE UK Use

Bought att prepaid on October 5,2017. I am now back in my country, Turkey. I came back at the end of December. I want to use my iphone SE with my Turkish Gsm carrier. However, att says I have to have the prepaid active for at least 6 months to unlock the phone. Since I am back in Turkey even if I keep my prepaid line active I can’t use it here, and will not be able to use my Tuekish line on the phone until April. Any advice? Which prepaid plan I should switch to if this is the only way?

Message 4 of 4
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support