AT&T new smartphone data plan with unlocked smartphone

Contributor

AT&T new smartphone data plan with unlocked smartphone

I have a few quick questions, I tried asking CS about the new data plans but I think I ended up confusing myself and the CSR Smiley Frustrated So I'm trying the written form to see if I can get a clearer response!

I was looking into getting another unlocked smartphone, I have a HTC Pure currently with a 30$ unlimited dataplan, but if I bought a unlocked cellphone would I have to get a the new data plans or can I keep my old one?

Also I have wifi in my house and I was thinking of switching to a cellphone with wifi (not a smartphone) and just using the internet at home, I know I have to get a dataplan but I was wondering do I get charged for any amount of wifi I use? Or is it included in the data plan?

Lastly is anyone using an unlocked cellphone on AT&T network? How the internet and service?

Thank you!

Message 1 of 3 (1,974 Views)
Guru
Solution
Accepted by topic author Otakunomusume
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

Re: AT&T new smartphone data plan with unlocked smartphone

Otakunomusume wrote:

I was looking into getting another unlocked smartphone, I have a HTC Pure currently with a 30$ unlimited dataplan, but if I bought a unlocked cellphone would I have to get a the new data plans or can I keep my old one?

As long as your are going from smartphone to smartphone you can keep your unlimited data. It does not matter what brand or OS device device you have or wether its unlocked or locked. If its a smartphone your grandfathered in.

Also I have wifi in my house and I was thinking of switching to a cellphone with wifi (not a smartphone) and just using the internet at home, I know I have to get a dataplan but I was wondering do I get charged for any amount of wifi I use? Or is it included in the data plan?

You are not charged for wifi use.

Lastly is anyone using an unlocked cellphone on AT&T network? How the internet and service?

Thank you!

Message 2 of 3 (1,950 Views)
Contributor

Re: AT&T new smartphone data plan with unlocked smartphone

Thank you!

Message 3 of 3 (1,847 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.