Troubleshoot your device issues
m90nev's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, June 6th, 2018 3:40 AM

AT&T Smart Sync baby monitor support?

We purchased a brand new AT&T baby monitor in December and have just had the baby and opened the box.  The camera will not connect but all the support email addresses and phone numbers are disconnected. 

I’ve tried twitter, calling consumer care, online chat but nobody answers or knows anything.  Has anyone here got any ideas?

otherswise that’s $250 wasted as it refuses to work!

Thanks 

Matt

Accepted Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

6 years ago

You all purchased these devices from Toys “R” Us, or babies R us?    They should have been pulled from the shelves over a year ago. It would’ve been the responsibility of Toys “R” Us or babies R us to do so. 

Accepted Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

4 years ago

This item was pulled 3 years ago, and has no support. It should not be sold.

Tutor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I am having the same issue. We purchased this a few months ago but just started using it.. it worked for a few weeks and now it just stopped. the phone number is disconnected. I am speaking with ATT now, and the representative does not even know that they make monitors and cannot find any information. I am very upset, and I don't know how to fix this issue. I am hoping that it doesn't have something to do with babies r us closing?

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

Just opened my brand new monitor. Went to set up and it won’t let me past the stupid mhealth registration - gives an error that mhealth storage is not available at this time. Customer support number is disconnected. It looks like att has abandoned customers?

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

We're in the same boat, made worse by the fact that we got ours at the now closed babies r us so we're definitely stuck with it. 

It it seems dishonest and like a total scam to me that they keep selling these things and have a main webpage but then all the other pages and phone numbers are down. Step up and do the right thing att. Either help us get these things working or refund our money. This is unacceptable. 

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

thats because AT&T stopped supporting baby monitors over a year ago apparently. according to one of their CSR Reps. I purchased mine back in April and just went to set mine up too a few weeks back. I've tried calling and talking to everybody, but nobody can help me. Pretty convenient huh? there goes $150 down the drain.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

I’ve tried every avenue outside of filing a formal complaint through ATT legal. Which, by the way, can work as ATT affiliate DirecTV tried to rip me off last year. After 3 months if the “customer service” circus I finally found their real dispute resolution buried in fine print. I sent my evidence with a certified letter to ATT legal and within a week issue resolved. I’m considering taking same action again for this. It’s a total scam. 

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

Can you tell me how to do that? I’d like to start that process. 

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

I have the same problem. Purchased at Toys r Us. Tried to set up and won’t go past mhealth not available. AT&T support is useless the product is still being sold by Amazon and others. Disappointed in AT&T. Support tried to sell me Direct TV !!!! I don’t think so!!!

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

This is incredible. I also saw other sites still selling these. It is obvious AT&T sold their name to Babies R Us and the other company whose website is completely gone just as a marketing tool. Here is the page where the "fine print" dispute resolution procedure is hidden. This is what I used to get my egregious DirecTV overcharge resolved after months of banging my head against a wall. I sent certified mail to this address, with my evidence, and requested it be corrected. Day's later someone from the "Presidents Office" (not making that up - thats how they introduced themselves) called me and got it squared away. The phone number originated in Boise, of all places. It did not help all the customer service was outsources to Thailand.

https://www.att.com/esupport/article.html#!/wireless/KM1045585

This shows the address to send the claim to about a quarter of way down.

For me, I might be even more screwed than before, as my wife got so mad she threw away the monitor and all packaging. I don't have evidence anymore of my purchase. I was not going to argue with her, she is 8 months pregnant!

Clearly I bought one, and maybe they would still do something for me, but I really want folks to take action. It is amazing how little AT&T gives a crap about any of us.

If anyone sends the certified letter let us all know. I hope someone gets AT&T to wake up and pay attention.

The easy response from them would be to say its a Babies R Us issue and they are out of business so we are out of luck, but their name is on the package.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.