Troubleshoot your device issues
gbshuler1's profile

Mentor

• 

50 Messages

Saturday, September 28th, 2013 7:13 PM

Closed

AT&T Mobile Insurance - If I lose my iPhone will they really accept my story?

If you call up AT&T -> Asurion and claim you iPhone is stolen, I suppose Asurion will ask for a police report.

Lets say I put down my phone on the subway and leave without it.  I lost it.

Now I make a call to Asurion.  Are they going to just buy my story without some kind of proof?  I pay $199, and they ship me a $849 (64GB iphone 5s) phone?  Seems to good to be true.

Has anyone done this or heard what you go through?

I am considering Square Trade which has a $50 deductable.  Covers everthing but losing it for $124 (before coupons).

I lose things..

BTW .. if AT&T folks are looking..

This link showing Asurion deductables is gone.

AT&T Mobile Insurance Deductibles

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

10 years ago

@gbshuler1 wrote:

If you call up AT&T -> Asurion and claim you iPhone is stolen, I suppose Asurion will ask for a police report.

Now I make a call to Asurion.  Are they going to just buy my story without some kind of proof?  I pay $199, and they ship me a $849 (64GB iphone 5s) phone?  Seems to good to be true.

I am considering Square Trade which has a $50 deductable.  Covers everthing but losing it for $124 (before coupons).

I lose things..

they will replace the insured device with a refurbished one of the same configuration, if the device is not avialable anymore they will replace it with a comperable device.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

20.5K Messages

10 years ago

@gbshuler1 wrote:

I lose things..

I see that it's gone..I used to have it bookmarked but I lost that too...

Not sure if this link will help you or not...Asurion Deductible Lookup

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Administrator

• 

819 Messages

8 years ago

Learn how to replace your lost or stolen GoPhone or Wireless device.

Former Employee

• 

4.9K Messages

10 years ago

Hello, everyone!

In case you wanted a complete list of all the devices and their deductibles, I've included one below.

Asurion Deductible List

Let me know if that helps!

-Mariana

Expert

• 

20.5K Messages

10 years ago

I suppose it's just about the same as the link that I provided to Asurion, but thanks Mariana.

Mentor

• 

50 Messages

10 years ago

Thanks.  Your link got me to the Asurion legal mumbo jumbo.  A long read, but it seems I would be covered if I simply misplace my phone (barring insurrection, war, atomic fission and such).  Just fill out an affidavit, notarize and send it.  Simple.  I was glad to read that they weren't going to force me to make a claim against my homeowners first (I have had that happen on a Visa card warranty before).

SquareTrade and Apple are the only iPhone insurance companies I trust.  But, they don't cover theft and/or loss.  I think AT&T Mobile Insurance is a bargain.  

Sign me up.  Thanks everyone.

Expert

• 

20.5K Messages

10 years ago

You're welcome. I suppose the mobile insurance is worth it for some people. Good luck! 

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

10 years ago

@gbshuler1 wrote:

Thanks.  Your link got me to the Asurion legal mumbo jumbo.  A long read, but it seems I would be covered if I simply misplace my phone (barring insurrection, war, atomic fission and such).  Just fill out an affidavit, notarize and send it.  Simple.  I was glad to read that they weren't going to force me to make a claim against my homeowners first (I have had that happen on a Visa card warranty before).

SquareTrade and Apple are the only iPhone insurance companies I trust.  But, they don't cover theft and/or loss.  I think AT&T Mobile Insurance is a bargain.  

Sign me up.  Thanks everyone.

Neither Square Trade or Apple are insurance companies, they only offer extended warrenties, neither cover lost or stolen devices. I have a rider on my home owners insuraces that is cost of replacement for a lost, stolen or destroyed device.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.