Wireless Forums

Posted Sep 28, 2013
12:13:59 PM
View profile
AT&T Mobile Insurance - If I lose my iPhone will they really accept my story?

If you call up AT&T -> Asurion and claim you iPhone is stolen, I suppose Asurion will ask for a police report.

Lets say I put down my phone on the subway and leave without it.  I lost it.

Now I make a call to Asurion.  Are they going to just buy my story without some kind of proof?  I pay $199, and they ship me a $849 (64GB iphone 5s) phone?  Seems to good to be true.

Has anyone done this or heard what you go through?

I am considering Square Trade which has a $50 deductable.  Covers everthing but losing it for $124 (before coupons).

I lose things..

BTW .. if AT&T folks are looking..

This link showing Asurion deductables is gone.

AT&T Mobile Insurance Deductibles

If you call up AT&T -> Asurion and claim you iPhone is stolen, I suppose Asurion will ask for a police report.

Now I make a call to Asurion.  Are they going to just buy my story without some kind of proof?  I pay $199, and they ship me a $849 (64GB iphone 5s) phone?  Seems to good to be true.

I am considering Square Trade which has a $50 deductable.  Covers everthing but losing it for $124 (before coupons).

I lose things..

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Sep 29, 2013 9:50:37 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

gbshuler1 wrote:

I lose things..

I see that it's gone..I used to have it bookmarked but I lost that too...

Not sure if this link will help you or not...Asurion Deductible Lookup

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Accepted Solution

AT&T Mobile Insurance - If I lose my iPhone will they really accept my story?

7 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Cancel
Submit
Replies
(7)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Sep 28, 2013 12:49:26 PM
(0)
Expert

gbshuler1 wrote:

I lose things..

they will replace the insured device with a refurbished one of the same configuration, if the device is not avialable anymore they will replace it with a comperable device.

gbshuler1 wrote:

I lose things..

they will replace the insured device with a refurbished one of the same configuration, if the device is not avialable anymore they will replace it with a comperable device.

Re: AT&T Mobile Insurance - If I lose my iPhone will they really accept my story?

2 of 8 (15,108 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Sep 29, 2013 9:50:37 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

gbshuler1 wrote:

I lose things..

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

gbshuler1 wrote:

I lose things..

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: AT&T Mobile Insurance - If I lose my iPhone will they really accept my story?

3 of 8 (15,033 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 30, 2013 6:58:36 AM
(0)
Community Manager

Hello, everyone!

In case you wanted a complete list of all the devices and their deductibles, I've included one below.

Asurion Deductible List

Let me know if that helps!

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

For account specific help, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

Hello, everyone!

In case you wanted a complete list of all the devices and their deductibles, I've included one below.

Asurion Deductible List

Let me know if that helps!

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

For account specific help, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

4 of 8 (14,975 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 30, 2013 7:11:49 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert
I suppose it's just about the same as the link that I provided to Asurion, but thanks Mariana.

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

I suppose it's just about the same as the link that I provided to Asurion, but thanks Mariana.

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

5 of 8 (14,968 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 5, 2013 2:41:47 PM
(0)
Teacher

Thanks.  Your link got me to the Asurion legal mumbo jumbo.  A long read, but it seems I would be covered if I simply misplace my phone (barring insurrection, war, atomic fission and such).  Just fill out an affidavit, notarize and send it.  Simple.  I was glad to read that they weren't going to force me to make a claim against my homeowners first (I have had that happen on a Visa card warranty before).

SquareTrade and Apple are the only iPhone insurance companies I trust.  But, they don't cover theft and/or loss.  I think AT&T Mobile Insurance is a bargain.  

Sign me up.  Thanks everyone.

Thanks.  Your link got me to the Asurion legal mumbo jumbo.  A long read, but it seems I would be covered if I simply misplace my phone (barring insurrection, war, atomic fission and such).  Just fill out an affidavit, notarize and send it.  Simple.  I was glad to read that they weren't going to force me to make a claim against my homeowners first (I have had that happen on a Visa card warranty before).

SquareTrade and Apple are the only iPhone insurance companies I trust.  But, they don't cover theft and/or loss.  I think AT&T Mobile Insurance is a bargain.  

6 of 8 (14,772 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 5, 2013 3:05:48 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
Edited by Dcookie on Oct 5, 2013 at 3:06:04 PM

You're welcome. I suppose the mobile insurance is worth it for some people. Good luck! 

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

You're welcome. I suppose the mobile insurance is worth it for some people. Good luck! 

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

[ Edited ]
7 of 8 (14,765 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 6, 2013 9:22:39 AM
(0)
Expert

gbshuler1 wrote:

Neither Square Trade or Apple are insurance companies, they only offer extended warrenties, neither cover lost or stolen devices. I have a rider on my home owners insuraces that is cost of replacement for a lost, stolen or destroyed device.

gbshuler1 wrote:

Neither Square Trade or Apple are insurance companies, they only offer extended warrenties, neither cover lost or stolen devices. I have a rider on my home owners insuraces that is cost of replacement for a lost, stolen or destroyed device.

8 of 8 (14,724 Views)