Troubleshoot your device issues
tbradyjd's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Monday, July 6th, 2015 4:20 PM

AC770S International Roaming

Our global company issued us Netgear AirCard 770S hotspot devices for use while travelling internationally.  However my device is unable to connect to any cellular network wherever I travel (mostly Asia and Europe) - even if I walk through the connection process manually.  No cellular identifiers or "bars" show up on the upper-left corner of the display as they do when in the USA.

One AT&T rep told me last week this model is NOT CAPABLE of international roaming, which conficts with the description on AT&T's website.  Today another AT&T rep said the device should work overseas and I have the right data plan but she isn't familiar with hotspots and doesn't have time on Mondays to escalate this problem and have someone call me back.  Is there someone or some department in AT&T that can speak knowledgeably about these devices?   

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

9 years ago

Hey There @tbradyjd

I’m very sorry your questions were not answered today regarding the AirCard 770S International connectivity!  Yes, this AirCard can be used internationally if you have the correct plan, which you stated you do.

In order to have cellular connection while outside of USA you do need to run the NETGEAR Network Scan tool.

Please click here to read about and download the Network Scan Tool.

Thank you!
Charise

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

the 'NETGEAR Network Scan tool' in teh link doesn't work for Aircard 770S.

How can i do?

I have the same problem..

tks

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.