For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Troubleshoot your device issues
LaNicoya's profile

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Saturday, November 8th, 2008 1:52 AM

Closed

8525 - Red Light but doesn't get past startup screen.

Ok, so my phone (an 8525) won't turn on (completely). On and off the charger it will start up to the startup screen (it says Cingular and had the 3g logo under it), the numbers on the bottom come out and then disappear, it wont get past that screen.

Any advise? I've tried a soft reset over 20 times now, it doesn't do anything.

Accepted Solution

Scholar

• 

238 Messages

15 years ago

You can do it without having to have the device boot up into windows.  Just turn the device off, press and hold the two "-" keys (also known as soft keys the ones above the Win Logo and OK) and then with the stylus push in the reset button!!!

Message Edited by Caliban007 on 11-09-2008 03:54:06 PM

Scholar

• 

100 Messages

15 years ago

You should probably do a hard reset. You will lose your settings, but you shuold be able to get to a functional device again.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

15 years ago

I would do that, but, i can't turn the phone on so its not possible.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

15 years ago

Oh wow, it worked and my phone is working perfectly now, it turned on. Thank you so much!

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

15 years ago

OMG I have the same problem - my phone just turned off when I was using it and it wouldn't turn back on -  but this solution didin't work for me - how long should I hold in the reset button? I do get a red light when it plugged in. Any help would be appreciated!

Scholar

• 

238 Messages

15 years ago

It should just be a quick push of the reset button.  Did your battery die?  Does it change from Red to Amber when plugged in?  Make sure you are pushing and holding the two soft keys (the "-"'s) above the Windows Key and Above the OK key on the front pad and just tap the reset button with the stylus. It should load up in a bootloadesque mode asking you if you're sure you want to hard reset.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

15 years ago

Thank you - so, I was able to do the hard reset - but my phone just won't stay on- the battery is charged-it turned off in the process and will only stay on if I hold the power button- and then wont turn on again unless I push the rest button with either the soft keys or with the power button. I'm guessing a repair shop will cost more than the phone is worth. Anymore ideas? Thanks again for your help!

Master

• 

4.3K Messages

15 years ago

@jeslinker wrote:
Thank you - so, I was able to do the hard reset - but my phone just won't stay on- the battery is charged-it turned off in the process and will only stay on if I hold the power button- and then wont turn on again unless I push the rest button with either the soft keys or with the power button. I'm guessing a repair shop will cost more than the phone is worth. Anymore ideas? Thanks again for your help!

Have you taken it to an AT&T store and ask them to put in another battery to test if the there is a battery problem?

There could be a malfunction in the battery. You need to rule out the battery before giving up on the phone.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

15 years ago

Does anyone know if this is possible with the 8310?

Master

• 

3K Messages

15 years ago

@mdwademb wrote:
Does anyone know if this is possible with the 8310?

I doubt it since the 8310 is a Blackberry and the 8525 is an HTC/ATT device.  You'd bebetter off checking out the Blackberry forums.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.