For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Troubleshoot your device issues
nupe494's profile

Teacher

• 

7 Messages

Tuesday, June 5th, 2012 4:08 PM

4G Elevate Mobile Hotspot Not Charging

My 4G Elevate is not charging when it's on, a PC is connected to it through WiFi and plugged in to either a USB port or to an A/C outlet. This is quite annoying given I cannot keep it charged and essentially have to turn it off in order to do so. Is this normal?

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

11 years ago

I have so far received no replies at all to my inquiries at Sierra. I believe that as far as they are concerned, they sold the device to AT&T and AT&T 'owns' any problems its customers have. If ATT decides to complain to Sierra, that would be different, but they apparently lack the knowledge and expertise to do that.

Of course, one of the big reasons to get the device from AT&T is that they are (presumably) a single point of contact for problems with the device and the service using the device. Maybe when the complaints pile up, they will consider doing what they should have been doing - taking responsibility for understanding the device and its quirks and dealing with the device manufacturer to find solutions.

If you have some magic way of getting the device vendors to respond to inquiries from non-customers, I would love to hear about them.

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

11 years ago

@davidascher wrote:

I have so far received no replies at all to my inquiries at Sierra. I believe that as far as they are concerned, they sold the device to AT&T and AT&T 'owns' any problems its customers have. If ATT decides to complain to Sierra, that would be different, but they apparently lack the knowledge and expertise to do that.

Of course, one of the big reasons to get the device from AT&T is that they are (presumably) a single point of contact for problems with the device and the service using the device. Maybe when the complaints pile up, they will consider doing what they should have been doing - taking responsibility for understanding the device and its quirks and dealing with the device manufacturer to find solutions.

If you have some magic way of getting the device vendors to respond to inquiries from non-customers, I would love to hear about them.

calling them normal gets things started I don;t use email submission

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

11 years ago

I almost never call for support because

a) typically I'll be put on hold for anywhere up to 20 minutes 

b) I have to go through an automated system to find the 'right' person to speak with about the problem

c) I get people who tell me things that are not correct and I have no record of what they said

I'll give it try based upon your recommendation.

In the meantime, I have ordered a new wifi card for my laptop - one that supports 802.11n. I am pretty confident this will "solve" the overheating problem. I'll post my results here when I get the card. It may be a couple of weeks.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

11 years ago

I gave up and called sierra support today. They told me that the device is now supported by netgear - m-f 6am-5pm PT.

I'll have to try them tomorrow. They did have a downloadable firmware update tool which appears to be specific to the ATT model so I tried downloading it and using it. After it updated the firmware and restored the settings (a process that took about 10-15 minutes) nothing appears to have changed other than the version of the firmware changing to SWI9200H_03.05.09.06AP from SWI9200H_03.05.09.06AP ... in other words, no change at all. I am not sure why the tool went through the update process at all.

The behavior (overheating) appears to be unchanged as well.

Voyager

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

I have had nothing but problems with my Elevate, overheating mainly and not staying charged more than an hour or two. We had 1 replacement and same thing. Now we are upgradng to the Unite. I told ATT they need to remove the Elevate clear off the market because they are worthless and not user friendly at all! Wasted half my time waiting for the overheat signal to disppear or charge up. Hardly worth the monthly fee.Very disappointed with this device. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

wow! don't know what happened, but I'll share the joy. The router started charged when connected data transfer. That helped't know exactly. 1. disconnected the external antenna 2. Did another stress the battery is completely emptied and then fully loaded. After the battery has taken out and put back 3. In the control panel in the browser did disconnect from the network by clicking "Disconnect"... Something of this helped. Sorry for my English, I'm from Russia, but I think the meaning is clear

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

in addition to my previous message. Here's how helps me. In the control panel in the browser, press "Disconnect" then "Power off" And then immediately turn on the router after the battery starts to charge, and after reaching 100% charge is stopped and started again to fall.... Soothes the one thing that does not need to wait for several hours without an Internet connection. Helps to just disconnect from the 4G network through a browser and then turn off and turn on the power . Perhaps engineers pay attention to it and fix the firmware

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.