Troubleshoot your device issues
Dienekes357's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Saturday, July 2nd, 2016 11:25 PM

2 at&t sim cards on one dual sim phone

I have several at&t lines. Can I use 2 sim cards on one dual sim phone? I'd like to do away with carrying two phones. My phone is a Blu VIVO 5

ACE - Sage

• 

116.4K Messages

8 years ago

The only dual sim phones available that I know of have a second sim slot that is 2G only.  

ATT is turning off 2G service.

The option I am aware of is to port a number to google voice to use 2 numbers on one phone 

Master

• 

3.5K Messages

8 years ago

Some Windows phones have 2 4G/LTE sims, my 950XL has two.  

It can only do 4G data on one SIM at a time, but that's true of all but maybe 1-2 dual-SIM phones, that I know of (4G/LTE data on single SIM at a time).  

Each SIM is capable of Cat4, so 150mbps, if AT&T gets there...

@lizdance40 It's pretty spiffy on my implementation (if I wanted to run two SIMs), as I can choose, keep the two lines distinct, or "combine" them, so calls/texts show up on one.  If you combine them, I believe you have to choose an outgoing primary SIM, and can alternately select the other, or it will default to the other, if one has no signal.

ACE - Sage

• 

116.4K Messages

8 years ago

As long as the 2nd sim is not limited to 2G, it sounds great.   

Master

• 

3.5K Messages

8 years ago

Either SIM can carry 4G/LTE, but obviously not at the same time, you have to select a data SIM.

This is true with *almost* any dual-SIM phone ever made, with maybe 1-2 exceptions, that had dual-radios, and some fancy sync to work between them (not Windows phones, but not that it matters).

I can put an AT&T SIM in one slot, and T-Mobile in another, and switch back and forth between LTE providers.

Realisitically I doubt I'll use very much, but it's kind of a nifty feature, regardless. Those who travel frequently would likely find this to be really useful, even within NA.

Edit: in response to @Dienekes357, yep, you could do this with my phone, switch between the two.  You'd only get data through one SIM, at a time, but you'd get calls and SMS texts on both numbers, without switching anything.  You can specify how you want to manage the two "inboxes" for phone and texts, it's quite flexible that way.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

Phone is duo sim alcatel.  I'm trying to use 2 AT&T sims, one work one personal. both sims have signal if data is off but when I turn data on for either sim the other one loses its signal. phone works as expected if sims are from different carriers. 

ACE - Sage

• 

116.4K Messages

6 years ago

Which Alcatel?   

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

pop 4 running android 6.0.1

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

6 years ago

@rjvk01 wrote:

Phone is duo sim alcatel.  I'm trying to use 2 AT&T sims, one work one personal. both sims have signal if data is off but when I turn data on for either sim the other one loses its signal. phone works as expected if sims are from different carriers. 

its not a dual active phone for the same carrier would be my thought.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.