Troubleshoot your device issues
LoudThud's profile

Mentor

• 

49 Messages

Wednesday, March 16th, 2011 5:09 PM

2 Days old & I cracked my screen!

I got new Inspire few days ago,and was wondering if anyone know the best way to replace the screen? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Mentor

• 

49 Messages

13 years ago

Excellent links. The first guys vid was having trouble prying the frame out of the chassis. Looks like its originally glued in. But he sure did fix it. It was funny watching the vid of a phone with a broken screen,through a broken screen! I thought I was only going to need a T3 screwdriver. He was baking that HD2 with an industrial hairdryer! Not sure why. Very informative. If I had a donor phone I might try it. But it looks a little too involved. The first link that Ghostryder provided looks like the best option. Send it in and avoid the headaches/risks. Thanks again Ghostryder. I couldn't seem to get the kudos star to click...

Professor

• 

3.7K Messages

13 years ago

@LoudThud wrote:
Excellent links. The first guys vid was having trouble prying the frame out of the chassis. Looks like its originally glued in. But he sure did fix it. It was funny watching the vid of a phone with a broken screen,through a broken screen! I thought I was only going to need a T3 screwdriver. He was baking that HD2 with an industrial hairdryer! Not sure why. Very informative. If I had a donor phone I might try it. But it looks a little too involved. The first link that Ghostryder provided looks like the best option. Send it in and avoid the headaches/risks. Thanks again Ghostryder. I couldn't seem to get the kudos star to click...

You are very welcome. I'm glad that I could steer you in the right direction.

Sometimes we just have to bite the bullet and have someone else do it for us.

Mentor

• 

49 Messages

13 years ago

When I cracked the screen,the only consolation was that I was loading into the back of a van,a 60s era Sunn Coliseum Lead w/ a 2x15 in Sunn bass cabinet. 320 watts. Kind of off topic. Anyone remember them?

Professor

• 

7.8K Messages

13 years ago

I dont but sound like fun. Post a snapshot (van).

Professor

• 

7.8K Messages

13 years ago

well, to stay on topic, you could start a string on the 6o's van on the "The Lounge" section

Mentor

• 

49 Messages

13 years ago

There's a 60s van thread somewhere? Groovy. I'll tale a look.

Mentor

• 

49 Messages

13 years ago

Sorry bout that RicoLX. My words were sorta jumbled. The 320 watt Sunn is an amplifier I was loading into a van. That's when it fell out of my pocket. My bad.

Professor

• 

7.8K Messages

13 years ago

@LoudThud wrote:
Sorry bout that RicoLX. My words were sorta jumbled. The 320 watt Sunn is an amplifier I was loading into a van. That's when it fell out of my pocket. My bad.

Man thats is NOT a good feeling!  Ive dropped my old HTC TIlt2 out of my shirt pocket onto the Parking Garage cement pavement at work many mornings when i stuck the phone in my shirt, then at last minute reach into the car for something  before heading to to the office, then totally forgetting i had it there, it dropped. Scratched   body but glass never cracked, thats fortunate for me.

Hey, I was going to get the Inspire, how do you like it and what are some of the neat features!  for sure, get that screen fixed, so you can enjoy it once again!!!

Mentor

• 

49 Messages

13 years ago

That Tilt2 is built like a tank! Takes a licking & keeps on tickin. I have insurance. Trust me...the Inspires da bomb. AT&T let's me listen to Pandora & post at the same time. Very satisfied. If only AT&T would finally let it live up to its potential,then I'd finally get what I paid for. Not a better all around phone out there.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

13 years ago

Yes, I tried to buy the part & replace inspire screen myself, but it was too difficult. Then I found a place who replaced my cracked screen & they did a great job. Looks like new. Try Dr. Cell Phone They fix all the at&t phones as well.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.