(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Nov 11, 2013 8:49:51 AM
(0)
Community Manager
Edited by ATTDmitriyCM on Oct 12, 2015 at 8:29:10 AM

Unfortunately, there is no way to view contents of any messages, AT&T doesn't store them to protect its customers' privacy. I apologize for the inconvenience. There are records of phone numbers, dates and times, but not the messages themselves.

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Accepted Solution

retrieving old text messages

14 replies
(2) Me too
(2) Me too
View all replies
(14)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 7, 2013 11:10:13 AM
(0)
Community Manager

Hello @edward1957 

You can get logs of dates, times and phone numbers, but not contents of text messages. You can get up to 18 months of those records in your myAT&T online account.

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Hello @edward1957 

You can get logs of dates, times and phone numbers, but not contents of text messages. You can get up to 18 months of those records in your myAT&T online account.

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: retrieving old text messages

2 of 15 (140,169 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 8, 2013 4:23:49 AM
(0)
Tutor
I need these messages for legal reasons is there anyway at all to get them?

Ed

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S™ III, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone
I need these messages for legal reasons is there anyway at all to get them?

Ed

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S™ III, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone

3 of 15 (140,132 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Nov 11, 2013 8:49:51 AM
(0)
Community Manager
Edited by ATTDmitriyCM on Oct 12, 2015 at 8:29:10 AM

Unfortunately, there is no way to view contents of any messages, AT&T doesn't store them to protect its customers' privacy. I apologize for the inconvenience. There are records of phone numbers, dates and times, but not the messages themselves.

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

[ Edited ]
4 of 15 (140,057 Views)
Solution
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 1, 2014 1:46:16 AM
(0)
Contributor
Ask the NSA for a copy of it
Ask the NSA for a copy of it

5 of 15 (135,180 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 20, 2014 3:09:02 AM
(0)
Contributor
Edited by Taylarie on May 20, 2014 at 5:21:58 AM

edward1957 wrote:

Text messages are not on the SD card, they are kept in internal phone memory. If new texts (or emails, or other data that is routinely created) have overwritten deleted texts.

edward1957 wrote:

Text messages are not on the SD card, they are kept in internal phone memory. If new texts (or emails, or other data that is routinely created) have overwritten deleted texts.

[ Edited ]
6 of 15 (124,592 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 23, 2014 1:33:08 PM
(0)
Contributor

Where can I find this information on the AT&T website?

Where can I find this information on the AT&T website?

7 of 15 (98,284 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 27, 2014 7:41:52 AM
(0)
Community Manager

I'm sorry @missa131977 , what information are you looking for?

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

I'm sorry @missa131977 , what information are you looking for?

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

8 of 15 (97,584 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 18, 2014 9:26:48 AM
(0)
Contributor

she wants to find out where you can go on the website and see the numbers you have text...

she wants to find out where you can go on the website and see the numbers you have text...

9 of 15 (93,077 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 18, 2014 9:30:33 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

I posted the answer in another post

https://forums.att.com/t5/Other-Phones-Devices/Text-message-logs/m-p/4162020#M69725

This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

10 of 15 (93,073 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 12, 2015 6:15:03 AM
(0)
Contributor

hello

hello

11 of 15 (34,631 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 12, 2015 6:20:59 AM
(0)
Contributor

Hello, Can AT & T provide deleted text message

Hello, Can AT & T provide deleted text message

12 of 15 (34,629 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 12, 2015 8:31:53 AM
(0)
Community Manager

Hello @seaworld673

There are records of phone numbers, dates and times, but not the contents of your messages. You can view the logs on myatt.com.

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Hello @seaworld673

There are records of phone numbers, dates and times, but not the contents of your messages. You can view the logs on myatt.com.

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

13 of 15 (34,580 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 25, 2016 6:39:07 AM
(0)
Contributor

If I cancel my cell phone service, will I still have access to all my undeleted text messages?

If I cancel my cell phone service, will I still have access to all my undeleted text messages?

14 of 15 (6,646 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 27, 2016 4:07:17 AM
(0)
Contributor

try mobileguard.com for business or controlmobile.com for consumer

try mobileguard.com for business or controlmobile.com for consumer

15 of 15 (6,458 Views)