retrieving old text messages

retrieving old text messages

How can I retrieve old text messages and print them out
Message 1 of 19 (157,219 Views)
Community Manager

Re: retrieving old text messages

Hello @edward1957 

You can get logs of dates, times and phone numbers, but not contents of text messages. You can get up to 18 months of those records in your myAT&T online account.

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 19 (156,985 Views)

I need these messages for legal reasons is there anyway at all to get them?

Ed

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S™ III, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone
Message 3 of 19 (156,948 Views)
Community Manager
Solution
Accepted by ATTJulieCS (Community Support)
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

[ Edited ]

Unfortunately, there is no way to view contents of any messages, AT&T doesn't store them to protect its customers' privacy. I apologize for the inconvenience. There are records of phone numbers, dates and times, but not the messages themselves.

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 19 (156,873 Views)
Highlighted
Contributor

Ask the NSA for a copy of it
Message 5 of 19 (151,996 Views)
Contributor

[ Edited ]

edward1957 wrote:

Text messages are not on the SD card, they are kept in internal phone memory. If new texts (or emails, or other data that is routinely created) have overwritten deleted texts.

Message 6 of 19 (141,408 Views)
Contributor

Where can I find this information on the AT&T website?

Message 7 of 19 (115,100 Views)
Community Manager

I'm sorry @missa131977 , what information are you looking for?

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Employee Contributor*
Message 8 of 19 (114,400 Views)
Contributor

she wants to find out where you can go on the website and see the numbers you have text...

Message 9 of 19 (109,893 Views)
ACE - Expert

I posted the answer in another post

https://forums.att.com/t5/Other-Phones-Devices/Text-message-logs/m-p/4162020#M69725

This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 10 of 19 (109,889 Views)
Contributor

hello

Message 11 of 19 (51,447 Views)
Contributor

Hello, Can AT & T provide deleted text message

Message 12 of 19 (51,445 Views)
Community Manager

Hello @seaworld673

There are records of phone numbers, dates and times, but not the contents of your messages. You can view the logs on myatt.com.

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Employee Contributor*
Message 13 of 19 (51,396 Views)
Contributor

If I cancel my cell phone service, will I still have access to all my undeleted text messages?

Message 14 of 19 (23,462 Views)
Contributor

try mobileguard.com for business or controlmobile.com for consumer

Message 15 of 19 (23,274 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.