how do i find the name of the primary access user

Contributor

Message 1 of 4
ACE - Sage

Re: how do i find the name of the primary access user

You mean the name on the BILL?  

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 4
Highlighted
Contributor

So by changing the name on the bill you have also changed the primary access user? And my wife cannot be the primary access user unless we change the name on the bill to her name, even though we want the bill to continue coming to me and I will continue to pay it? I was thinking that since there are authorized users and secondary users specifically set up, there would be a list that shows all user settings including the name of the primary access user. But I will assume that the only way to change that, would be to change the billing name, which is why it’s not shown on a list.
Message 3 of 4
ACE - Sage

At&t isn’t going to care who pays it, as long as they get paid.  Changing the primary/bill name is common in military families so the account gets the discount, but parent, child or spouse may be paying the bill.  

About wireless (cellphone) user permissions:   https://www.att.com/esupport/article.html#!/wireless/KM1009073?gsi=55d25b

Online access levels

When you choose an account to manage online, your access in myAT&T may be either primary or secondary. These access levels identify who can manage the account online in myAT&T and do not affect who has financial responsibility for the account. Primary online access can belong to only one person or user ID at a time. The person with primary access:
  • Is often the account owner, but is not required to be.
  • Controls who else can manage the account online.
  • Must be 18 years or older.
Secondary online access can belong to multiple people or user IDs. A person with secondary access:
  • Can co-manage the account online in myAT&T by performing most of the same functions as the person with primary online access.
  • Must be 18 years or older.

https://www.att.com/esupport/article.html#!/my-account/KM1044966?gsi=55cmax

https://www.att.com/esupport/article.html#!/wireless/KM1045763?gsi=55cutb

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 4
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements...

Are you Missing Your BOGO Credits? If so, QuarryRye can you help figure out what happened and what to do about it!

Additional Support