Need help understanding your bill?
soudlaskar's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Friday, September 14th, 2012 9:02 PM

Secondary Access Accounts Able to Make Changes

I set up an Access ID for a secondary line on my family plan and then accepted the request from the primary account.  I did this  so they can view everything on the account but can't make changes without my authorization.  The problem is the secondary account is able to make changes to everything on the account.  When I look at the "My Account Access" page in my Profile section, the secondary account is listed in the "Primary Access Accounts" section right below my name.  How do I move the secondary Access ID to the "Secondary Access Accounts" section.  Is what I am trying to do (view everything but not make changes) possible, or should I only give access to people that I trust?

Thanks!

Expert

• 

13K Messages

12 years ago

give access to only people you know wont make changes or do not let them have access at all.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

12 years ago

I cant limit their access like is says in the FAQ on the support site?

Can Secondary Account owners make changes to AT&T Access ID linked account(s)?

Secondary Account owners can view billing and usage information and other account-related information, such as special upgrade offers, etc. Secondary Account holders cannot make changes to the account (for instance, add/remove features) without permission to do so by the Primary Account holder.

Any permissions that were granted before migrating to AT&T Access ID will remain in place. For additional information on giving a Secondary Account holder permission to make changes to an account, refer to: Add or delete Retail Authorized Users.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

I'm having this same issue.  After adding the Access ID it puts it under Primary Access with no way to move it to Secondary Access.  Any help would be much appreciated.  I have talked to two reps on the phone and also chatted with one as well.... And none of them could figure it out... I know the Access ID is a fairly new feature, so I'm hoping this bug can get resolved.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

Still no answer or resolution to this?!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.