Need help understanding your bill?
Dschlieder's profile

Teacher

• 

10 Messages

Monday, May 22nd, 2017 11:25 AM

Ridiculous

Try to login to your account from Europe. Doesn't work.

Try to contact AT&T for help. Web site wants you to log in

You can't because you're in Europe.

Catch 22.

STUPID, STUPID, STUPID!!!

{edited for word filter evasion}

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@Dschlieder You set up an account on the forums just to vent? You're not even going to ask for assistance in contacting AT&T?

Now that's ridiculous...

Teacher

• 

10 Messages

7 years ago

Yes, I set up an account just to vent.

I've read many threads on this issue.

There is no good solution.

If you are out of the country you can not access your account. Period.

Does that make sense to you?

It doesn't to me.

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

7 years ago

You managed to log in here just fine.   Are you a Gophone customer?

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

7 years ago

My login for my account and the forum are the same.  I had no problem getting in while in St. Kitts.  However, if you do the forget password option, I think it checks for network connection, and of course can't get one.  Catch 22. 

You can message Mobility through the forum, but it can take time to get a response.  

I would try twitter to Facebook for a quick response.  If you had any service at all you could call 

FREE from mobile phone   +1.314.925.6925

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

7 years ago

@Dschlieder Since your last post was removed, I'm going from memory. I think you said something about it not recognizing your phone number or email. I log in with an access ID, not a phone number or email address. Perhaps that is your issue. Another thing to try is your phone's browser instead of the MyATT app. 

Teacher

• 

10 Messages

7 years ago

>>My login for my account and the forum are the same.<<

That was your choice to do so. Two different accounts. Most security experts would tell you that you shouldn't do that.

I'm not in St. Kitts. In in Italy. And I've had the same issue in France. And the U.K. And Ireland.

It's ridiculous to not allow me to access and manage my account.

Teacher

• 

10 Messages

7 years ago

I've accessed my account by my number for years. That is the ID I set up.

Since that didn't work and I didn't know you can't access your account from Europe I thought I'd try the gee, I can't remember neither and tried to request through what I know is my email and name.

Even that process is blocked and it tells me it doesn't recognize either one even though I know they are valid.

I appreciate all the suggestions but unless you are here or have been here you haven't experienced this.

I know my ID. I know my password. I know how to use the myAT&T app and I know how to use Safari. Guess what I'm using to compose this message. Safari. Used it to create this account. Today.

AT&T simply blocks access to my account from where I am.

And I think that is wrong.

Too bad my freedom of speech is being removed. The two acronyms I mentioned didn't use a cuss word.

Dave

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

7 years ago

Your "freedom of speech" was removed because you were rude.  The mods rarely remove posts, I assume they notified you why.  

I suggested methods of contacting ATT above.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@Dschlieder wrote:
If you are out of the country you can not access your account. Period.

I've never had a problem from Costa Rica.

I saw someone ask if you were GoPhone and I didn't see a response...

If you have problems or questions while roaming outside the U.S., call AT&T at +1-916-843-4685 (a free call from your wireless phone). But if your phone isn't working that that might be a problem.

https://www.att.com/Common/merger/files/pdf/international_calling/International_Travel_Tips_08232010.pdf

Teacher

• 

10 Messages

7 years ago

I'm not in Costa Rica. I'm in Italy. So "outside" of the country is a bit to general. Sorry.

I did state in my removed message that no, I am not a gophone user.

Regular AT&T account with 3 iPhones.

I have my cellular turned off as the roaming charges are ludicrous. As is my wife's.

But I have wifi. And a browser. I want to see that my granddaughter at home hasn't used all of my available data. But I can't login to my account.

I can't send a *3282# because cellular is turned off.

I honestly don't expect an answer.

There isn't one until AT&T changes their firewall and allows me to login and manage my account from Europe.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.