Posted Mar 15, 2012
11:06:11 AM
Missing texts from online account
Edited by ormom51 on Mar 15, 2012 at 11:08:20 AM

I was checking our account online and I noticed that one line has missing text/call records for one number.  My daughter's line shows only half a dozen text messages to/from her boyfriend, out of hundreds in this billing cycle-we have only a few days left in it.  We have unlimited messaging and she is an adult so it doesn't matter cost wise or because she is breaking a rule, but my experience with our cell phones has shown it is a good idea to check up to see what is going on when there is a discrepancy.  We had a change made once to our messaging that was not authorized and I caught it because I checked.  Does anyone have any idea why one number would consistently not show for calls or texts?  He is also with AT&T, if that matters, and both phones are iPhones.

I was checking our account online and I noticed that one line has missing text/call records for one number.  My daughter's line shows only half a dozen text messages to/from her boyfriend, out of hundreds in this billing cycle-we have only a few days left in it.  We have unlimited messaging and she is an adult so it doesn't matter cost wise or because she is breaking a rule, but my experience with our cell phones has shown it is a good idea to check up to see what is going on when there is a discrepancy.  We had a change made once to our messaging that was not authorized and I caught it because I checked.  Does anyone have any idea why one number would consistently not show for calls or texts?  He is also with AT&T, if that matters, and both phones are iPhones.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Mar 15, 2012 3:39:48 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
iPhones can iMessage. It is not texting, it uses data and does not show on the texting.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Accepted Solution

Missing texts from online account

[ Edited ]
2 replies
(1) Me too
(1) Me too
Cancel
Submit
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Mar 15, 2012 3:39:48 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
iPhones can iMessage. It is not texting, it uses data and does not show on the texting.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Missing texts from online account

2 of 3 (3,690 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 16, 2012 8:17:24 PM
(0)
Guru

Thanks!  That was it.  I never thought to ask about iMessage.  I just thought she was texting through the regular way.  It never occurred to me to ask her.  I was just worried that something had gone wrong with our plan since that has happened before and the only clue I had was when the information online was missing.  Thanks again.

Thanks!  That was it.  I never thought to ask about iMessage.  I just thought she was texting through the regular way.  It never occurred to me to ask her.  I was just worried that something had gone wrong with our plan since that has happened before and the only clue I had was when the information online was missing.  Thanks again.

Re: Missing texts from online account

3 of 3 (3,668 Views)