Need help understanding your bill?
lgcfmc1971's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Saturday, January 5th, 2013 5:57 PM

I need to download all the contacts from my husbands phone to my phone, he passed away on 12/4/2012

I need access to all his contacts, to take care of all the things he had outstanding.  He passed away unexpectedly on 12/4/2012.  Is there a way to download from the ATT site, vs his phone?  I'm not familiar at all with his phone.  I'm charging it currently, but it certainly would be easier to download from the ATT site.

Thanks for your help.

Linda

[edited for privacy]

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

• 

25.7K Messages

11 years ago

Download those contacts that are not duplicates of yours, and save them to the SIM, which is the easiest solution. Now of course the better of the two, is the Samsung Galaxy S2, which you could use, and then just transfer your contacts over to it.

But as I suggested before, you can save the contacts to a gmail account. If you know his gmail account info, they should be saved in there.

This is the Samsung software that you can use http://www.samsung.com/us/kies/ to download any info from the phone you wish to save like pictures, contacts, videos.

• 

25.7K Messages

11 years ago

It depends on what phone he had. All of them, you can transfer to the SIM card, then insert the SIM into another phone and upload the contacts into that phone, turn off said phone, remove the SIM, then re-insert your SIM, and have all of the contacts from both phones. But also depends on what phone you have, and the amount of space allowed for contacts.

Post the phone model, and manufacturer.

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

11 years ago

@gregzoll_1 wrote:
It depends on what phone he had. All of them, you can transfer to the SIM card, then insert the SIM into another phone and upload the contacts into that phone, turn off said phone, remove the SIM, then re-insert your SIM, and have all of the contacts from both phones. But also depends on what phone you have, and the amount of space allowed for contacts.

Post the phone model, and manufacturer.

Iphones and windows phones are the exceptiion to this, was nver able to get the address book to a windows phone sim and never seen it on the iphone

• 

25.7K Messages

11 years ago

It can be done, you just need to know how to do it. iPhone & Windows contacts can be uploaded to gmail, and also with iPhones, you can upload to iCloud.

As for not being able to move contacts to a SIM on a Windows phone, done it plenty of times, and moved them over to a Android or other brand phone. One way is move the Windows phone contacts to Outlook, then using iTunes, move from Outlook to the iPhone.

Only with the micro-SIM, you have to go into the store to have them do it, or purchase the software to do it.

Also with most phones having Bluetooth now, you have that as an option also.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

My husband's phone is a Samsung Galaxy S 2, my phone is a Pantech Pocket P9060

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

Thank you so much for your help!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.