For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
mrsmellark's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, April 30th, 2019 9:15 AM

Changing account name to mine

My ex-husband left the house after the divorce was finalized. I have been paying the bills ever since. But I can't get in because I don't know what username and password he used.

I've tried entering his email as the userword, but that doesn't work.

The AT & T website sends a confirmation link to his email account every time I try to request a new username or password, which is very frustrating.

I'm traveling in Ireland and believe the next bill is due May 5. I hoped I could pay my May bill on-line, but I can't get into the account.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

5 years ago

It’s unlikely you can get in from overseas any way.   Not to state the obvious, but this should have been addressed during separation, and your line removed from his account.  

Your best option is to contact your EX, and ask him to do a transfer of billing responsibility for your line, and set up your own account.  https://www.att.com/tobr/tobrHomePage.rt

Transfer can be done online.  

If you have active service still, you can call At&t for free or use chat.  Contact information link, including hours, is at the bottom of the forum page.  The 24/7 number is rumored to be less than 24 hours.  But unless you’re authorized on the account, I can’t imagine they will be much help.  

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

"Not to state the obvious"

Thanks for that!

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

5 years ago

@mrsmellark wrote:
"Not to state the obvious"

Thanks for that!

Been there.  And if I didn’t do it, the ex husband was clueless and helpless.   I had to ToBR to his email and it took every day of the 14 to get him off my account.  The advantage is it was my account and he had no other phone or number. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.