Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted May 22, 2013
8:33:42 AM
View profile
Adding a secondary login on one account

I want to have another login for my wireless account using the secondary line. I know how to go about adding it, but I want to know if the primary user will get an email knowing that I added another login to the account. Can anyone confrim that if I add the additional login with the seconadry number if the primary user will receive an email knowing that I added it to the account. Thanks.

I want to have another login for my wireless account using the secondary line. I know how to go about adding it, but I want to know if the primary user will get an email knowing that I added another login to the account. Can anyone confrim that if I add the additional login with the seconadry number if the primary user will receive an email knowing that I added it to the account. Thanks.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Sep 17, 2013 2:41:57 PM
(0)
Employee

Ok, I think I figured it out... 

Go to att.com and click on Register

Enter the info for the sub-account you want to create...

Select "Yes, I'd like to ask the account owner for permission." and click Next

Complete the registration information...

Select "Please take me to my profile..." and click Continue

Log out

Select "Manage account access" from the top menu...

Click Accept to activate the sub-account...

ENJOY!

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Accepted Solution

Adding a secondary login on one account

6 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(6)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 16, 2013 7:07:50 AM
(0)
Employee

If you're wanting another person to be able to log in to your online myAT&T account, you can add an autherized user by clicking on Add or Delete Authorized User. This will allow you to create up to 2 aditional Access IDs that will give others access to online account management for your AT&T account.

Note: These users will also be able to make changes to your account in-store and online. 

If you're wanting another person to be able to log in to your online myAT&T account, you can add an autherized user by clicking on Add or Delete Authorized User. This will allow you to create up to 2 aditional Access IDs that will give others access to online account management for your AT&T account.

Note: These users will also be able to make changes to your account in-store and online. 

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Adding a secondary login on one account

2 of 7 (5,672 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 28, 2013 9:27:26 PM
(0)
Explorer

Are you for sure, Benjamin?  I believe that only lets them add Retail Authorized users.  Truly, to create a secondary Access ID it would go like this.

Account Owner (person whose name appears on the bill) would need to create an Access ID (or CONVERT their CTN ID).

Then, I, having a secondary line, would go in and click "REGISTER NOW" for user ID.  I would get a message saying "This account has already been registered, wouldyou like to request access from the Acct Owner?"  Select yes, so and and so forth.  After I finish... Acct owner would have to log in with THEIR access ID and then hover their cursor over the top of the page on the dark grey bar that says "My Linked Accounts" which would drop down a menu that says "Manage Acct Access"  and from their, they would see the option to ACCEPT the users access or decline! Smiley Happy

Are you for sure, Benjamin?  I believe that only lets them add Retail Authorized users.  Truly, to create a secondary Access ID it would go like this.

Account Owner (person whose name appears on the bill) would need to create an Access ID (or CONVERT their CTN ID).

Then, I, having a secondary line, would go in and click "REGISTER NOW" for user ID.  I would get a message saying "This account has already been registered, wouldyou like to request access from the Acct Owner?"  Select yes, so and and so forth.  After I finish... Acct owner would have to log in with THEIR access ID and then hover their cursor over the top of the page on the dark grey bar that says "My Linked Accounts" which would drop down a menu that says "Manage Acct Access"  and from their, they would see the option to ACCEPT the users access or decline! Smiley Happy

3 of 7 (5,564 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 16, 2013 12:25:03 PM
(0)
Employee

I'll have to double check. I added mine a looooong time ago. I thought I created online IDs during the process, but I'll check and update the thread. 

Thanks for the info! 

I'll have to double check. I added mine a looooong time ago. I thought I created online IDs during the process, but I'll check and update the thread. 

Thanks for the info! 

4 of 7 (5,463 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 17, 2013 9:09:32 AM
(0)
Employee
Edited by ATTMarianaCM on Sep 17, 2013 at 2:19:14 PM

Looks like this is where you manage your secondary account access requests.

You'll see the requests for secondary access in the box below after you click on the highlighted link above. This is where you can either grant or deny secondary access to users that request it. I'll post some screenshots with the step-by-step for requesting secondary access in the first place. The "Link Account" button is just for linking other accounts you might have (i.e. U-verse, DSL, etc), and has nothing to do with secondary access as far as I can tell.

Looks like this is where you manage your secondary account access requests.

You'll see the requests for secondary access in the box below after you click on the highlighted link above. This is where you can either grant or deny secondary access to users that request it. I'll post some screenshots with the step-by-step for requesting secondary access in the first place. The "Link Account" button is just for linking other accounts you might have (i.e. U-verse, DSL, etc), and has nothing to do with secondary access as far as I can tell.

[ Edited ]
5 of 7 (5,429 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Sep 17, 2013 2:41:57 PM
(0)
Employee

Log out

ENJOY!

Log out

ENJOY!

6 of 7 (5,405 Views)
Solution
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Sep 17, 2013 2:44:23 PM
(0)
Community Manager
Edited by davidbk on Apr 28, 2016 at 7:50:04 AM

Thanks for the detailed post, aBenjamin!

For more information on secondary access, please click on the link below.

Managing Secondary Account Access

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Thanks for the detailed post, aBenjamin!

For more information on secondary access, please click on the link below.

Managing Secondary Account Access

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

[ Edited ]
7 of 7 (5,416 Views)
Solution