Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Re: whats the reason behind at&t labeling 3g as 4g?

whats the reason behind at&t labeling 3g as 4g?

is there like a specific reason why at&t labels their 3G network as 4G, and then their 4G network as LTE?

also kind of an irrelevant question but why do some countries show LTE as "4G" but att shows 4G as LTE, for example vodaphone au shows 4g instead of LTE

wow dont get dizzy from reading that lol

Tags (3)
Message 1 of 5
ACE - Sage
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by itz._.ethen
‎09-01-2019 5:37 PM

They don’t. 

B24DDF4C-6ED8-4706-A525-0534756A4581.jpeg

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 5
Highlighted
Contributor

But they do. In the image you posted, it clearly states that enhanced 3g is marketed as 4g

Message 3 of 5
ACE - Sage

@jeffrbeyer   Because enhanced 3G speeds were 4G speeds.  

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 5
ACE - Expert

@jeffrbeyer wrote:

But they do. In the image you posted, it clearly states that enhanced 3g is marketed as 4g

They renamed 3.5g to 4g after Tmobile did years ago.  They renamed enhanced LTE 5ge... Welcome to the cellular wars..

Message 5 of 5
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements
NEW - Take a look at our best value & price ever for unlimited wireless - AT&T Unlimited Starter and AT&T Unlimited Extra plans!

Additional Support