For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Check for service outages
contender569's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Saturday, May 31st, 2014 10:28 PM

traveling to canada with our smartphones?

Hi, my family is traveling to Canada for about a week and we plan on using our smartphones while we're there. I only see separate monthly rates for calling, texting, and data, but since we're only in Canada for a week, that seems pretty expensive. We also have 3 smartphones we need to cover. Are there any packages that group calling, texting, and data for just that week, or are we out of luck and have to pay those separate monthly rates? Thanks.

Master

• 

4.1K Messages

10 years ago

@contender569 wrote:

Hi, my family is traveling to Canada for about a week and we plan on using our smartphones while we're there. I only see separate monthly rates for calling, texting, and data, but since we're only in Canada for a week, that seems pretty expensive. We also have 3 smartphones we need to cover. Are there any packages that group calling, texting, and data for just that week, or are we out of luck and have to pay those separate monthly rates? Thanks.

I have to admit that it has been almost 10 years since I have been to Canada.  Unless you really need it, you can turn off cellular data, and use only free wifi, to save some money.  Otherwise, you will need to sign-up for each of the services you need.  If you are lucky, that one week will be near the beginning of your monthly billing cycle, so that you opnly need the extra coverage for one month, but keep in mind that international roaming may take 30-60 days to reach your billing at AT&T so you may need to keep the extra service on your accounts for a second month, or be prepared to pay a huge roaming charge for the international roaming...

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.