Check for service outages
thorskisail's profile

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

Saturday, February 25th, 2017 7:43 PM

travel to Canada with ATT family plan

We have 4 of the 5 family plan memebers traveling to Calgary for 1 week, how do I maintain cell calling and wifi to be able to work

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@thorskisail You have an old family plan that is minute based? That will be expensive, $40 per line for a passport.

https://www.att.com/offers/international-plans/passport.html

If you have a Mobile Share plan you can generally get Canada Roaming Bonus for free, but you have to call and ask for retention, you need to ask SUPER nice as this is not an advertised feature (if they don't know what you're talking about, call back and ask someone else) and this gives you 1 GB free (per line). You need to have this turned on per line. 

With ether option: You'll need to enable international pay-per-use on each line too. Plus, you need to make sure cellular roaming is turned on.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

when I called they offered 10$/day per phone, 40$ per line passport plan or 260/month North American roaming plan for all 4 lines, I am not sure what you mean by retention? but I can usually be really nice

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@thorskisail wrote:
when I called they offered 10$/day per phone, 40$ per line passport plan or 260/month North American roaming plan for all 4 lines, I am not sure what you mean by retention? but I can usually be really nice

What AT&T Cellular PLAN do you currently have? (Look at the name on your bill).

It's really hard to be specific if I don't know what you have.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

I have a mobile share plan with 30GB of data. I did call and asked for retention and disc used this with them. They were able to add Canada roaming to all 5 cell phones and 3 devices with 1 GB of data for free. Thanks for the help. they were also very helpful.

David

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@thorskisail wrote:
I have a mobile share plan with 30GB of data. I did call and asked for retention and disc used this with them. They were able to add Canada roaming to all 5 cell phones and 3 devices with 1 GB of data for free. Thanks for the help. they were also very helpful.

David, Keep in mind if you use up all the data on a device, you can tether to one of the other devices.

I'd reset the counters on all the devices when I left and when in the car/airport use the tablet data first (by tethering the phone through it) and be sure to stop when the device (not the web site) the device counter, says you're at 930mb and you won't even have started using the phone's data yet...

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.