Scholar

• 

149 Messages

Friday, June 6th, 2014 11:47 PM

semi rural pa coverage

I live in town
in semi rural pa
Were my coverage is ok sometimes others it is annoying
my phone is always searching for signal .i live in somerset pa .lots of spotty yet reliable coverage
why is it because of the rural part or the mountains

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Employee

• 

156 Messages

10 years ago

A lot of it depends on the geography of the surrounding area so yes if you are around a lot of mountains or down in a valley you may run into issues with spotty coverage. Att could also be working on upgrading towers in your area as well. I would recommend downloading the att mark the spot app for your phone and you can use it to mark areas where you might drop a call or maybe your data isn't as fast. If they get enough marks in that area they can open a ticket to investigate. Hope that helps!

Scholar

• 

149 Messages

10 years ago

Thanks it does help

Guru

• 

450 Messages

10 years ago

Hi Lordie, 

As someone who travels to Somerset, Johnstown and Altoona a lot I know exactly what you're talking about with coverage. As the previous poster stated the terrain and building can have a lot to do with the coverage. I can say that I have noticed increased coverage around the Turnpike and Route 22 every time I travel it.

You can visit the company AT&T store in Somerset (its behind the McDonalds in the shopping plazza with Lowes Harware Store) and can show you where the towers are located and new additions coming.

Hope thies helps!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.