Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Will at&t support my foreign cellphone (3G?)

Contributor

Will at&t support my foreign cellphone (3G?)

I'm going to be living for a year in the States and I need a prepaid SIM card. However my phone is a BQ Aquaris U plus, and works with the following bands:
4G: 800 / 1800 / 2100 / 2600 B20 / B3 / B1 / B7
3G: 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900   V / VIII / II / I
2G: 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900

I'm guessing that means I can only use 3G (I'm not 100% sure either). Can I still get that prepaid plan and use my phone with 3G? I know some american companies no longer support 3G.

I want to make sure I won't 

Thank you!

Message 1 of 5
ACE - Sage
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by cvidal
‎08-13-2018 6:04 AM

Re: Will at&t support my foreign cellphone (3G?)

Yes, only 3G as it has no LTE bands.  ATT requires bands 850 and 1900 for 3g service and you have both. 

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 5
Contributor

Awesome! Thank you very much!

So data should work just fine, only slower, right?

Message 3 of 5
ACE - Sage

I can’t say for sure.  You will need to program APN settings once sim is installed.  The store can help you with that.

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 5
Contributor

Alright, thanks a lot!!

Message 5 of 5
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support