Check for service outages
Mjrtom7's profile

Explorer

• 

25 Messages

Wednesday, September 19th, 2012 6:57 PM

Closed

Will Northeast MI ever receive 3G?

I've heard talk about how ATT is "working on their network coverage" and plans to provide 3G service in Northeast MI "in the coming months".  Well, now that another 2 year contract has expired, I'm seriously wondering if I would be better off jumping to Verizon.  The EDGE data network up here if virtually useless.  5 full bars, yet extremely poor data transfer.  

Can anyone provide an HONEST answer as to when this coverage is planned to be upgraded???  Verizon has had 3G for quite a long while up here...

Scholar

• 

391 Messages

10 years ago

Truthfully, I have never had a problem with cell/data service from AT&T or Verizon. Snow storms and heavy rain actually seem to make the signal better..Lol

They are probably getting ready to fire it up:)

I am really surprised that AT&T hasn't put a tower up in or near the Trout Lake area. While camping up there a few years ago, voice connectivity was poor on E so I can't believe there is a usable 4G data signal as the coverage map depicts. 

Scholar

• 

151 Messages

10 years ago

Well I drove past the Lathrop tower on my way to Gwinn today and there were guys on the tower. They werent up by the panels but in the middle of the tower at the time I drove by. On the way back everyone was gone no more vehicles or trailers in the driveway.

Scholar

• 

391 Messages

10 years ago

Nice! Is there 2 or 3 panels per sector on that site now? Or a microwave dish?

Scholar

• 

151 Messages

10 years ago

There are only 3 panel antennas on the tower. Those have been the since January. I didnt notice any new equipment on the tower. Maybe they were changing the guide wires, the last time I stopped and looked at the tower I saw they poured new cement anchor points for the wires.

Voyager

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

Can anyone tell me if at&t works in mikado. I am just confused because a friend uses straight talk with a at&t sim card and she had no service at my house. Does at&t lease all towers or only some to straight talk. I want to switch to at&t but not until I know I will have service at my house. At&t shows coverage for my area. I am just confused. Thanks 🙂

Scholar

• 

391 Messages

10 years ago

American Ninja:

OK. They may have been securing that site like you suggested before. Hopefully that site will still be completed even though AT&T has suspended most of it's wireless network upgrades. I guess we will have to wait and see how this will affect MI.

Scholar

• 

391 Messages

10 years ago

@momof5kids:

AT&T's voice and data coverage maps are slightly exaggerated right now to say the least. I haven't been through there in a while but looking at the proximity of Mikado to AT&T's towers, I would say voice coverage would be shotty at best. I would recommend getting a phone for a 14 day or so trial to see if it in fact works. With the old analog system it would work well in that area, but with new digital devices not so much.

Voyager

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

@Lewyman  Thanks for the advice 🙂 

Scholar

• 

391 Messages

10 years ago

You are welcome.

Scholar

• 

151 Messages

10 years ago

Gladstone MI now has LTE.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.