Check for service outages
Mjrtom7's profile

Explorer

• 

25 Messages

Wednesday, September 19th, 2012 6:57 PM

Closed

Will Northeast MI ever receive 3G?

I've heard talk about how ATT is "working on their network coverage" and plans to provide 3G service in Northeast MI "in the coming months".  Well, now that another 2 year contract has expired, I'm seriously wondering if I would be better off jumping to Verizon.  The EDGE data network up here if virtually useless.  5 full bars, yet extremely poor data transfer.  

Can anyone provide an HONEST answer as to when this coverage is planned to be upgraded???  Verizon has had 3G for quite a long while up here...

Scholar

• 

151 Messages

10 years ago

No changes here yet.

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

10 years ago

does Lovells have 3G yet?

Scholar

• 

391 Messages

10 years ago

MNelly420.......unfortunately the Lovells site is still Edge. From what I was told, they probably won't have that site running 3G/LTE until the end of this year. It could happen sooner but there seems to be several issues with that particular one. I traveled all the roads around Lovells this past weekend and there is absolutely no sign of fiber being run towards it and no Microwave equipment on the tower either. Again, it could happen sooner and if I hear anything else I will post it.

I did a ton of traveling around this past weekend and can say many sites have LTE panels on them including Grayling, Rogers City, Atlanta, Mancelona, Kalkaska, Johannesburg, and the one sight just north of Lewiston. I was also told that LTE is scheduled to go live on a vast majority of sites by the end of July, including the U.P.

There are other towers still on E that are supposed to get 3G sometime this week. This is the info I was given, so hopefully things will go as scheduled.

Scholar

• 

391 Messages

10 years ago

JREwing53:

Have they run Ethernet backhaul to the site in Pickford yet? If you see skinny white poles about 3 feet high with orange colored ends in the right of way, those are fiber markers. Or, have you noticed a Microwave dish installed on the tower? I am guessing that site will be lit up in the next couple of months.

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

10 years ago

Well hopefully the 3G signal i got near the southeast shore of Shupac Lk is a little stronger. That was back in early Oct.  I could get 1-3 bars and do stuff. Was good enough to stream espn and netflix.  Just had to keep my phone toward the lake side of the cabin.

Scholar

• 

391 Messages

10 years ago

I hope they use Microwave from a neighboring site to get that tower up and running soon because that tower covers a fairly large area. My tablet has actually held 1 bar of 3G while sitting in front of the site but switches to E when heading back to Lewiston on 612.

I would have to think you were on either the Red Oak site or the tower near Waters (east side of 75). Sites in Gaylord, Otsego Lake, Waters, and Frederick are now running LTE. 

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

10 years ago

where exactly is the lovells tower located?

Scholar

• 

391 Messages

10 years ago

This is the exact location of that site. You can't see it at all in Lovells unless you drive down Old 612 by the township hall. On the satellite view of Google maps you can see it as well.

You should get an excellent signal when they fire it up and I believe by late summer when most of Michigan has LTE, AT&T will put more of their resources on these problem sites and get them online sooner.

2014-05-30 22.50.42.png

1 Attachment

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

10 years ago

Thanks. I might take a look at it.

Scholar

• 

151 Messages

10 years ago

No 4G at the Lathrop tower yet.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.