Check for service outages
Mjrtom7's profile

Explorer

• 

25 Messages

Wednesday, September 19th, 2012 6:57 PM

Closed

Will Northeast MI ever receive 3G?

I've heard talk about how ATT is "working on their network coverage" and plans to provide 3G service in Northeast MI "in the coming months".  Well, now that another 2 year contract has expired, I'm seriously wondering if I would be better off jumping to Verizon.  The EDGE data network up here if virtually useless.  5 full bars, yet extremely poor data transfer.  

Can anyone provide an HONEST answer as to when this coverage is planned to be upgraded???  Verizon has had 3G for quite a long while up here...

Scholar

• 

391 Messages

10 years ago

LTE went live in Gaylord, MI tonight. More soon.

Scholar

• 

151 Messages

10 years ago

Still nothing at the Lathrop tower.

Scholar

• 

391 Messages

10 years ago

That stinks. I would say backhaul is the issue so when they fire that tower up it should go right to HSPA+ and LTE. Have they added any additional panels to the existing 3?

Scholar

• 

151 Messages

10 years ago

Nope, it's still the same when I went by there last weekend.

Scholar

• 

391 Messages

10 years ago

American Ninja,

I did some research and discovered that the site in Lathrop is not actually owned by AT&T/Cingular, but rather American Tower LLC. Many sites in NE lower MI that are still E or 3G are owned by A/T as well. That could be a factor for the delay in Ethernet or Microwave backhaul along with site upgrades.

Scholar

• 

391 Messages

10 years ago

American Ninja.....what is the status of coverage at your house? It appears AT&T deployed a massive wave of 3G and HSPA+ today. Check out the coverage map.

Scholar

• 

151 Messages

10 years ago

No change here.

Scholar

• 

151 Messages

10 years ago

I wonder when Escanaba, Gladstone and Marquette will be getting LTE? I thought they would've had it by now.

Scholar

• 

391 Messages

10 years ago

It is hard to say. Those areas have been HSPA+ for a while but that doesn't mean those sites were on Ethernet or Fiber backhaul, but I am sure they are very close to being ready.....if not already. By the end of July I suspect many sites in the U.P., including some that are still E, will have LTE turned up. 

I am suprised how long it took for Gaylord and Alpena to get LTE considering they were the first areas in N/NE MI to get 3G. 

Scholar

• 

173 Messages

10 years ago

Was across much of the UP today. Newberry is LTE. Marquette is not yet on LTE. 

Suprisingly, I was in Gwinn, and all of that area is still on Edge. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.