Check for service outages
Mjrtom7's profile

Explorer

• 

25 Messages

Wednesday, September 19th, 2012 6:57 PM

Closed

Will Northeast MI ever receive 3G?

I've heard talk about how ATT is "working on their network coverage" and plans to provide 3G service in Northeast MI "in the coming months".  Well, now that another 2 year contract has expired, I'm seriously wondering if I would be better off jumping to Verizon.  The EDGE data network up here if virtually useless.  5 full bars, yet extremely poor data transfer.  

Can anyone provide an HONEST answer as to when this coverage is planned to be upgraded???  Verizon has had 3G for quite a long while up here...

Scholar

• 

391 Messages

10 years ago

Nice map Tpeltz. Wow....I wouldn't have guessed it was divided up like that!!

I was keeping a close watch on my AT&T device during my travels hoping to find a pocket of new LTE but nothing yet.

Mentor

• 

43 Messages

10 years ago

Lewyman- I'll take a drive today and see.

Mentor

• 

43 Messages

10 years ago

Hopefully they're bringing it online soon. Was out with my wife for lunch today and kept cycling from E to 3G to H and then would settle on Edge.

Scholar

• 

391 Messages

10 years ago

They are testing and should be online very soon. Did you have full bars while it was switching on 3G? AT&T should be lighting up quite a few towers in the western U.P. very shortly.

Scholar

• 

391 Messages

10 years ago

Just looking at the coverage map and noticed one (of the two) towers on Beaver Island has 3G. Really??? Lol

Scholar

• 

391 Messages

10 years ago

This is a bit off topic but AT&T has fired up LTE in the Port Huron area. 

Scholar

• 

151 Messages

10 years ago

Well I stopped by the Lathrop tower today, about half way there I saw this on the side of the road:

IMG_0193.JPG

When I got to the tower there were a bunch of vehicles there. So they are working on it.

Link to bigger picture: http://i.imgur.com/KRqpFBV.jpg

1 Attachment

Scholar

• 

391 Messages

10 years ago

Very Nice American Ninja!!!

It's probably a safe bet to say they are working on the backhaul to the Lathrop tower:)  If the crews have been working on the site, it will be lit up within two weeks at the most. They updated the coverage map and it shows several new towers with UMTS in the U.P. and one thats been upgraded to HSPA+.

Not all service may be active yet, as the map has been showing coverage before it is actually turned on. Real progress has been made which has been a long time coming! 🙂

Teacher

• 

29 Messages

10 years ago

Doesn't seem like too many people are too concerned, but keep an eye out for some new Sensorly mapping in the U.P. this weekend.

Scholar

• 

151 Messages

10 years ago

Really? cool!
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.