Check for service outages
Mjrtom7's profile

Explorer

• 

25 Messages

Wednesday, September 19th, 2012 6:57 PM

Closed

Will Northeast MI ever receive 3G?

I've heard talk about how ATT is "working on their network coverage" and plans to provide 3G service in Northeast MI "in the coming months".  Well, now that another 2 year contract has expired, I'm seriously wondering if I would be better off jumping to Verizon.  The EDGE data network up here if virtually useless.  5 full bars, yet extremely poor data transfer.  

Can anyone provide an HONEST answer as to when this coverage is planned to be upgraded???  Verizon has had 3G for quite a long while up here...

Scholar

• 

151 Messages

11 years ago

It's been there since I moved up here around 13-14 years. I don't know what its used for. Hopefully I'll get some pics soon.

Scholar

• 

151 Messages

11 years ago

Hmm... I wonder if the McFarland tower is getting worked on today? I had no service for a while today and now it shows the signal strength but they are empty bars and an E. Here is a screenshot:

IMG_0417.PNG

1 Attachment

Scholar

• 

391 Messages

11 years ago

Possibly. They power the site down when tower crews are working because of safety reasons. Even with EDGE there are still RF hazards.

Scholar

• 

151 Messages

11 years ago

I reset my phone and now it's back to normal. Maybe that's what was wrong. Oh well false alarm I guess. Lol

Scholar

• 

391 Messages

11 years ago

Looking on Sensorly, I see a new spot of Sprint LTE in McMillan (Central U.P.) Lol.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

AT&T is now using band 5 in Bloomington IL to deploy their LTE network. This is a good sign for northern michigan because at&t doesn't have any 700 mhz spectrum to deploy it on. 850mhz lte will travel further distances than aws 1700/2100 will. 

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php/1757531-AT-amp-T-4G-LTE-Latest-markets-launching-and-speculation/page99

Scholar

• 

391 Messages

11 years ago

Nice catch!!! I didn't think AT&T was ready to launch on 850. Don't quote me on this, but I think the iPhone 5 is one of the only phones to have that LTE band.

Scholar

• 

391 Messages

11 years ago

Scholar

• 

151 Messages

11 years ago

Empty post? lol

Scholar

• 

391 Messages

11 years ago

Yes. I don't remember being on the page to accidently send one.....oops! Have you seen any activity at the tower in McFarland??? It should be very soon now. Crews are installing new panels on the towers around me here downstate.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.