Check for service outages
Mjrtom7's profile

Explorer

• 

25 Messages

Wednesday, September 19th, 2012 6:57 PM

Closed

Will Northeast MI ever receive 3G?

I've heard talk about how ATT is "working on their network coverage" and plans to provide 3G service in Northeast MI "in the coming months".  Well, now that another 2 year contract has expired, I'm seriously wondering if I would be better off jumping to Verizon.  The EDGE data network up here if virtually useless.  5 full bars, yet extremely poor data transfer.  

Can anyone provide an HONEST answer as to when this coverage is planned to be upgraded???  Verizon has had 3G for quite a long while up here...

Scholar

• 

391 Messages

11 years ago

@JREwing53

That sucks. The person on the phone you talked to shouldn't have given you today's date as they really have no knowledge of when towers will be activated. Now...here is a question. Look at the picture of that tower you posted on June 24th. Look closely and you will see a dish up at the very top. Could that tower have microwave backhaul?? Maybe that roll of wire on the pole isn't for the tower. Just a possibility.

Scholar

• 

173 Messages

11 years ago

I'm hoping that the roll of cable is just excess leftover.

Scholar

• 

151 Messages

11 years ago

I was on the way Home from ann arbor after we got past the mackinac bridge "4G" goes back to E. I did notice though along US-2 from Gulliver on down the are big rolls of orange conduit it loks like on the side of the road. Crews were working burying it this afternoon. Are they laying fiber?

Scholar

• 

391 Messages

11 years ago

@American Ninja

Yes that is fiber. Might be Merit's fiber project. Did you come up I-75?? Was there 3G in the areas in Houghton Lake/ Grayling like their coverage map shows??

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

Grayling has no 3G as of 7-14-13. All edge internet east of kalakaska

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

Just went through grayling 7-15-13 no 3G yet

Scholar

• 

391 Messages

11 years ago

@Mike45

Wow. I'm sure it will be soon and hopefully they will fill the gap between there and Gaylord. There were comments made about the coverage being shown on the map before they active the towers on Howard Forums.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

Yeah I hope so once you get in the 3G or 4g area the coverage is great I will say that

Scholar

• 

173 Messages

11 years ago

Well, it's July 16 and NO 4G!!!! I might as well forget calling into customer service. They have given me two dates that have come and gone. I just wish Verizon would get a tower around here so I could switch. The people here in Pickford, Michigan are really upset with AT&T. I don't think they care at all about us here in the Upper Peninsula.

Sadly, there is no one to turn to. The cell service sucks here, the interenet speeds suck, and to get someone to talk to who cares is impossble.

And how can AT&T display blatently false advertising on their website claiming there is 4G in our area when there is not? Here is the latest data coverage map of our area, and I can tell you that there is no 4G in 80% of this area where they claim it exists. I am frustrated.att coverage.JPG

1 Attachment

Scholar

• 

391 Messages

11 years ago

I am going to call tonight and see what they have to say.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.