Check for service outages
Mjrtom7's profile

Explorer

• 

25 Messages

Wednesday, September 19th, 2012 6:57 PM

Closed

Will Northeast MI ever receive 3G?

I've heard talk about how ATT is "working on their network coverage" and plans to provide 3G service in Northeast MI "in the coming months".  Well, now that another 2 year contract has expired, I'm seriously wondering if I would be better off jumping to Verizon.  The EDGE data network up here if virtually useless.  5 full bars, yet extremely poor data transfer.  

Can anyone provide an HONEST answer as to when this coverage is planned to be upgraded???  Verizon has had 3G for quite a long while up here...

Scholar

• 

391 Messages

11 years ago

Well AT&T is starting to upgrade in northern Mi not too far from my cabin in Lewiston. There is a tower in Red Oak(489 & Kneeland rd.) that has been there for quite a while. Well I drove by it today and spotted something different up top so I stopped and got out my camera to take a close up. I discovered that sometime last week they have installed 6 brand new broadband antennas and there are small orange flags leading up to the base station along the driveway. That's huge as there has been no activity upgrading wise from AT&T in that area for a long time!!! Lets hope....

Voyager

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

Scholar

• 

391 Messages

11 years ago

@namiller24

Nice map!! Someone on another forum said VZ LTE went live in Seney yesterday.

Scholar

• 

391 Messages

11 years ago

Hey everyone. Check out the new AT&T coverage viewer.

Scholar

• 

151 Messages

11 years ago

Wish they would have updated their 4G coverage instead of working on the new map. lol It looks good though. Marquette has LTE now?

Scholar

• 

391 Messages

11 years ago

No. It is close in color but Marquette is still 4G not 4G LTE.

Scholar

• 

391 Messages

11 years ago

This is an AT&T tower in Red Oak, MI about 15 miles south of Lewiston. Sometime in the last month, they have added these multi-frequency broadband antennas for 3G/4G. This tower is in the boonies....literally so I commend them for upgrading and prepping northern MI for broadband wireless service.

P1130877.JPG

1 Attachment

Teacher

• 

29 Messages

11 years ago

It was rather frustrating this past weekend.  I was in the Gaylord and Houghton Lake area with a friend on Verizon.  Me, E in every place except downtown Gaylord (which was .8mb 3g), the V, LTE virtually everywhere.  Oh and V doesn't show LTE in Gaylord, but trust me, it was there and all around.  Heck, even Sprint had LTE in Gaylord! 

Granted, the LTE works great where I live but...I am still not sure why I renewed with them.

Scholar

• 

136 Messages

11 years ago

Verizon just launched a metric TON of new LTE coverage in NE MI. Rogers City, Onaway, and Indian River areas. Also continuous LTE coverage from Gaylord all the way to St. Ignace. New continuous LTE from Indian River to Rogers City on M-68. And it is blazing fast. 

Scholar

• 

391 Messages

11 years ago

Yes. Verizon LTE is live pretty much everywhere....except Lewiston, MI. It is also live up U.S. 23 pretty much from Standish to Oscoda. Not sure about Oscoda to Alpena.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.