Check for service outages
Mjrtom7's profile

Explorer

• 

25 Messages

Wednesday, September 19th, 2012 6:57 PM

Closed

Will Northeast MI ever receive 3G?

I've heard talk about how ATT is "working on their network coverage" and plans to provide 3G service in Northeast MI "in the coming months".  Well, now that another 2 year contract has expired, I'm seriously wondering if I would be better off jumping to Verizon.  The EDGE data network up here if virtually useless.  5 full bars, yet extremely poor data transfer.  

Can anyone provide an HONEST answer as to when this coverage is planned to be upgraded???  Verizon has had 3G for quite a long while up here...

Scholar

• 

173 Messages

11 years ago

Had intermittant "G" on my HTC One X. I would assume that means 3G. Never had a 4G signal on my phone any time I was there.

My device has really been acting screwing around the UP. When I go downstate I have no problems.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

11 years ago

@BREwing53

No....G does not mean 3G. Your phone will only display 4G in a 3G/hspa+ coverage area. G is pretty much the equivalent of E....it is slow!! There has been 3G/hspa+ in Marquette for quite a while now. If your phone works ok downstate but not in the U.P. you might want to call tech support or go into an AT&T store up there. If your radio was bad it would not work anywhere. I have never heard of a problem like that before.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

11 years ago

Edit: Sorry....JREwing53. Darned predictive text!!!!

Scholar

• 

136 Messages

11 years ago

Towers are being worked on in NE MI right now. They are putting up panels that are multimodal, multi frequency. One antenna can run GSM/HSPA+/LTE. These antennas cover all frequency ranges. 700Mhz all the way to the highest AWS band.

Good things are coming for AT&T customers, it's been a long wait, but I can confidently say that good things are coming online soon.

Scholar

• 

391 Messages

11 years ago

Indeed!

Scholar

• 

391 Messages

11 years ago

AT&T 4G LTE now available in Laramie, Wyoming. REALLY??????

Scholar

• 

391 Messages

11 years ago

Well, today the CFO of Verizon Wireless basically confirmed that their entire 3G footprint will upgraded to 4G LTE by this time next month. I would have never believed that they would finish their 1st LTE buildout before AT&T finished it's 3G/HSPA+ deployment.

Scholar

• 

136 Messages

11 years ago

The dawn is coming for rural AT&T customers who have been holding out for 3G/HSPA+ service.

Read the last sentence of the second paragraph. Rejoice people, rejoice! 

Screen Shot 2013-05-29 at 8.45.16 PM.png

1 Attachment

Teacher

• 

29 Messages

11 years ago

Where did you see this article and how recent is it?

I worry that most of the U.P. and parts of northern lower, will be part of the "virtually all" that will not be upgraded.

Scholar

• 

173 Messages

11 years ago

I would agree with you. They have told us that our local tower (4 miles soth of Pickford) is to be upgraded to 4g by June 29. I have not seen any activity at the tower site. And the fiber line from Sault Ste. Marie is only run to hwy 28. Not sure if the fiber line has anything to do with the 4g upgrade. It just seems like nothing is going on. And we basically have zero data speeds here. If that tower is upgraded by the 29th, I'll be surprised .
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.