Check for service outages
Mjrtom7's profile

Explorer

• 

25 Messages

Wednesday, September 19th, 2012 6:57 PM

Closed

Will Northeast MI ever receive 3G?

I've heard talk about how ATT is "working on their network coverage" and plans to provide 3G service in Northeast MI "in the coming months".  Well, now that another 2 year contract has expired, I'm seriously wondering if I would be better off jumping to Verizon.  The EDGE data network up here if virtually useless.  5 full bars, yet extremely poor data transfer.  

Can anyone provide an HONEST answer as to when this coverage is planned to be upgraded???  Verizon has had 3G for quite a long while up here...

Scholar

• 

391 Messages

11 years ago

I believe Alpena,Mi was supposed to get 4G in June but it went live Friday so it is possible. Ask your friend to send you a screenshot of their phone or map some coverage on Sensorly. However, Sensorly considers HSPA+(4G) to be 3G.

Scholar

• 

151 Messages

11 years ago

My friend just sent me a screenshot. He said he's getting 4G in Perkins now.

photo.JPG

1 Attachment

Scholar

• 

391 Messages

11 years ago

Tight !!! That is AWESOME!!!   It looks like AT&T is taking northern Michigan more seriously now!! With Tpeltz reporting 4G near Onaway, Alpena, and you now saying Escanaba is live....can't wait to see the new coverage map.

Scholar

• 

151 Messages

11 years ago

They have a tower in mc farland so I hope they upgrade that one next because that's the one I'm closest to. When I turn off wifi on my phone it still says E. I'll be headed to Gladstone tomorrow so I should be able to test the 4G then.

Explorer

• 

25 Messages

11 years ago

I know I'm off topic, but what theme is that Ninja?  Looks nice...

Scholar

• 

151 Messages

11 years ago

I don't know. It's from my friends phone. He just got a S3.

Scholar

• 

151 Messages

11 years ago

I have a question. when a phone says "4G" that is really HSPA+? And when it's true 4G it will display LTE correct?

Scholar

• 

391 Messages

11 years ago

@American Ninja
You are correct. Newer AT&T devices display "4G" in 3G and HSPA+(*) areas and 4G LTE in LTE coverage areas.(**) There are some 3G areas left but most of the that has been upgraded to H+.

*With enhanced backhaul
**Where available
Not available in all areas:(

Scholar

• 

151 Messages

11 years ago

Ok, thank you Lewyman!

Scholar

• 

151 Messages

11 years ago

I can confirm 4G in Gladstone, MI!
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.