Check for service outages
Mjrtom7's profile

Explorer

• 

25 Messages

Wednesday, September 19th, 2012 6:57 PM

Closed

Will Northeast MI ever receive 3G?

I've heard talk about how ATT is "working on their network coverage" and plans to provide 3G service in Northeast MI "in the coming months".  Well, now that another 2 year contract has expired, I'm seriously wondering if I would be better off jumping to Verizon.  The EDGE data network up here if virtually useless.  5 full bars, yet extremely poor data transfer.  

Can anyone provide an HONEST answer as to when this coverage is planned to be upgraded???  Verizon has had 3G for quite a long while up here...

Explorer

• 

25 Messages

11 years ago

JRE....No 4G in Gaylord? They have had '4G' service there for several months now....??

Scholar

• 

173 Messages

11 years ago

I said it was Edge from "just south of" Gaylord to "just north" of Bay City. Yes, Gaylord has had 4G for some time now.

Explorer

• 

25 Messages

11 years ago

Oops...duh.....my brain is on 'edge'...  Smiley Frustrated

Explorer

• 

25 Messages

11 years ago

I just drove back from Gaylord to Alpena and it looks like the fiber crew is laying fiber about 10 miles outside of Alpena, between Alpena and Hillman.  Hopefully they are on schedule to have 4G enabled in Alpena before I'm too old and feeble to use a phone!  Smiley LOL

Scholar

• 

136 Messages

11 years ago

Mjtom -

That is the Merit fiber project along M-32. Won't do any good for AT&T. Don't shoot the messenger lol.

Explorer

• 

25 Messages

11 years ago

Oh great....thanks Tpeltz......I should have known!  Smiley Mad

Scholar

• 

136 Messages

11 years ago

AT&T has activated UMTS/HSPA+ "4G" in the Alpena area as of this morning (3/29/2013).

Explorer

• 

25 Messages

11 years ago

HOOORAY!!!  I feel foolish for being so giddy over such a little thing, but this has been a long time coming!  I just realized it on my way back from lunch when I went to access the Tiger game.  FINALLY!!!

Scholar

• 

391 Messages

11 years ago

Awesome. Now for the rest of Michigan!!!

Scholar

• 

151 Messages

11 years ago

Can anyone confirm if Escanaba got 4G today? My friend sent me a text asking me if AT&T has 4G in Escanaba? I told him I heard at the end of June is what I heard. He just sent me a text back saying it now says "4G" on his phone. o_0

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.