Check for service outages
darkjedi213's profile

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

Tuesday, February 12th, 2013 4:17 AM

Widespread issue in my area, how to get action on this?

AT&T put up a new tower in my area recently (within last year) and it's still only 2G. Everyone in my city on AT&T has the same issues. Calls dropped, not going through, or bad quality. Texts do not reach their destination, sometimes take 30-45 seconds to send, or show up hours later. Web browsing is not possible. Not with images turned off, not even the simplest, smallest website like google.com will load. I only know it barely functions because it retrieves my email headers every so often. This is not affecting just me. My wife, my mother, father, sister, brother, coworkers, friends... no one is immune. No one has acceptable call coverage. No one has texts that flow normally. No one can use the internet at all. My job is so close to the new tower I could probably hit it with a bb gun, and the service is exactly as I described above. It defies logic that they put up a 2G tower in 2012 while AT&T has fiber in the area (my workplace right next to the tower has 50mb AT&T fiber coming into it). 

I have called and complained. My family, friends, coworkers, acqaintences have called and complained. Can anyone offer any advice as to how we can get acceptable service out of AT&T? 

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Former Community Manager

• 

5.2K Messages

11 years ago

I understand and I'm not minimizing your concerns. I suggested the Mark the Spot app because this is exactly what it is for. 

I will make sure to pass this thread to the right folks but please check out that app and recommend your friends/family/neighbors use it as well. 

It is the best way to report issues with the network in your area. 

Former Community Manager

• 

5.2K Messages

11 years ago

I'm sorry your area hasn't been upgraded. I know it's frustrating. Unfortunately, I can't provide any information on when upgrades to the network happen. 

Have you used the Mark the Spot app to report the issues you're experiencing? It's the best way to report service issues like the ones you're experiencing. 

Here's some info about Mark the Spot - http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB106170#fbid=Z6SDS7kpLnk

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

11 years ago

This is not a matter of 2G vs 3G. The existing 2G service does not work. We don't have basic functionality. Calls to level 1 AT&T support fall on deaf ears because this is bigger than them. This is not a recent issue, nor one limited to certain areas. This is day to day life for an AT&T customer in this area. We have to try a minimum of 2 times to place every single call and as many as 5 to get through. You can't depend on a text to communicate anything important or relatively time sensitive because they're as unreliable as the weather. I would cancel my data plan if I could, but instead I'm paying $25/mo to get sparse access to email. There are no good days. This is consistently bad and non-existant service. I will absolutely burn up that mark the spot app, for whatever good it will do. What I need is attention from a higher level than the 800 support number, because I can't get several thousand people on the line with me to verify this is not an issue with me and my phone.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

11 years ago

Thank you. I will check out the app and have others use it as well. I really hope the people you pass this on to pay attention!

Former Community Manager

• 

5.2K Messages

11 years ago

They do, I promise!

Glad to hear you'll start using the Mark the Spot app.

Mentor

• 

38 Messages

11 years ago

I have been using this app and also called customer service multiple times, they see nothing wrong with my area and show that I have full LTE, yet I get 0.08 down and 0.37 up.  Pathetic.  They say they care and look into things but nothing changes.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

I also have looked into the "mark the spot" app and just by reading the reviews of the other folks who have downloaded the app I seen how frustrating the app is. I think it had like a 3 star rating. Hey at&t, how about using some of the money you're screwing your customers out of and FIX THE PROBLEM!!!!!?????

Teacher

• 

35 Messages

8 years ago

darkjedi213's tower most likely has the same faulty equipment or poorly trained maintenance installers that my area has. Our local tower has been bad most of the last 18 months and now another tower in the area is weak.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.