For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Check for service outages
opto_isolator's profile

Teacher

• 

9 Messages

Tuesday, January 20th, 2015 11:44 PM

Why is my LTE speed so very slow?

I'm really starting to regret going with AT&T as my wireless carrier! I work in a tech / college corridor, and used to get super fast LTE speeds while at work - upwards of 40 Mbs! Nowadays I can't even crack .5 Mbs!!! I've verified that it is not my phone, as I have another AT&T phone for work, and it gets the exact same speeds. I've tried to submit multiple tickets through the AT&T mark the spot app, but that does nothing. I've called and complained in the past, and that also does nothing. My signal strength is relatively good for LTE - about -100 db. But I can never crack more than 1 Mbs it seems.... Short of jumping ship once my wife's contact expires, I'm at my wits end as to what to do!

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

7 years ago

The problem is the throttled down speed during so called congestion happens from day one to day thirty... The only time I get acceptable speed is late at night or 4am to 7am so that is contradictory as to the plans statement itself and is therefore deceptive Liz... Plan says AFTER 22gb.... This happens all month from mb 1 to gb 22

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

7 years ago

@JoeJohnson wrote:
The problem is the throttled down speed during so called congestion happens from day one to day thirty... The only time I get acceptable speed is late at night or 4am to 7am so that is contradictory as to the plans statement itself and is therefore deceptive Liz... Plan says AFTER 22gb.... This happens all month from mb 1 to gb 22

You aren't getting it.  There are too many people using the service.   All ATT customers where you are should have the same complaint.  There are too many of you.  You are not being throttled, you are sharing with too many other ATT customers.  There is only so much to go around.

Change carriers.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

7 years ago

@Gary L Knows I like visuals.....  

When dividing limited cellular services, think of cutting a pie into shared pieces at any given time.  In your particular case, no one wants pie at 4 to 6 AM.

IMG_5735.JPGIMG_5736.JPG

2 Attachments

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

7 years ago

Yes understand the concept.... Thank you

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@JoeJohnson wrote:
Yes understand the concept.... Thank you

Just about everyone commenting seems to get the concept, AT&T is too slow in your area for your satisfactory use.

The question is why are you still here if it's not satisfactory???

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

7 years ago

OMG.. if a tower is congested who do you think gets throttled first? Prepaid customers it's always been like that. And if you ask me it should be like that. Want cheaper service then there are trade offs.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

My phone number is [edited for privacy – please do not post personal information],I'm in the plan 45dollars a mouth , why my LTE speed move so slow suddenly

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

7 years ago

@Blaire.li   This is a PUBLIC forum.  Your personal information will be removed.  

Data speed is determined by the tower and congestion.   If you used up the 6 gigs, data would slow down.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

How to speed up your iPhone: Earlier we wrote on how to speed up your android phone, Now we’re going to tutor you how to speed up your iPhone.

As much as you wish to proceed with your smartphone, at some point, life is inevitable: the time will come when you have to search for a different device and leave your former partner.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

DO you solved the problem? 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.