Check for service outages
ceman00's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Friday, March 28th, 2014 5:47 PM

When will the Iowa Great Lakes (Okoboji, Spirit Lakes) get some form of 3g or 4g coverage?

Just wondering when the Iowa Great Lakes area will be getting some form of 3g or 4g coverage?

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

10 years ago

Hello @ceman00 Thank you for your post.

Unfortunately, this is not something that anyone can answer, but what do you see when you search for your area using the Coverage Viewer?

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

there is no coverage in this area. i work down there 5 plus days a week. there is a dead zone and roaming with no signal what so ever!! coverage map doesnt mean a thing. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

I completely agree! Tens of thousands of vacationers travel to this area during the summer months. Many own summer homes here and travel from hours away, including from neighboring states. It is a dead zone for AT&T customers including myself.  How is it possible that AT&T has not yet addressed this when all other carriers have? This is something that AT&T must take care of soon! It is embarrassing to be an AT&T customer at the Iowa Great Lakes during the summer when the people around me have no problems, yet I simply have no communication options!

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

I spoke to my AT&T Representative just now, and he said that there are SEVEN towers ready in that area but none of them are turned on. There is also a tech team specifically to address the needs in that area. It is supposedly the top priority for the area. So....what does that mean? When will it happen? We have already begun the 2014 summer tourism season. Why was not this made a bigger priority BEFORE the beginning of summer?

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

It's amazing when you talk to AT&T support and ask when your area is going to get 3g or 4g coverage.  Here is a small portion of my call with AT&T support.

AT&T support: "Our network department doesn't tell us when or where they are making improvements or adding towers to the network."

Me: "Ok, can I speek to someone in the network department then?"

AT&T support: "We don't have a network department."

Me: "What?? You just told me you had a network department."

AT&T support: "There is no one to talk to in the network department."

I don't know why it's so hard to get an answer from them.  With At&t aquiring Longlines Wireless about a year ago all I want to know is when they will have the towers up and running here.  This is a very simple question.  Why can't At&t just keep us updated when areas will be getting upgraded? They EVEN have a network update page on the website but they put a bunch of useless information on there instead.  ALL I WANT TO KNOW IS WHEN MY AREA IS GOING TO GET SOME 3G OR 4G COVERAGE. WHY IS THAT SO HARD TO ANSWER!!!

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

When I look at the coverage viewer it shows that I have either 3g or 4g coverage. Well that's a lie.  There isn't a 3g or 4g tower within 20 miles of where I live. There is only off network coverage with Edge. Oh boy how I love the EDGE network!!!

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

Spoke to an AT&T tech support a few weeks ago and they said they are supposed to have the Iowa great lakes area covered with g3 coverage by the end of June 2015. We'll see if this happens or not.  Also, why would they just put 4g or LTE up while they are upgrading the towers? Doesn't make sense not to do it now while they are upgrading towers anyway. Just another way for them to waste money I guess.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.