What band for LTE internet At&t use in connecticut ?

Highlighted
Tutor

What band for LTE internet At&t use in connecticut ?

what band for lte internet at&t using in connecticut: hartford, new britain, farmington area. thanks.

Message 1 of 8 (1,272 Views)
ACE - Professor

Re: What band for LTE internet At&t use in connecticut ?

@domolek

Excellent question! AT&T currently utilizes Band 17 and Band 2 for the most part. Smiley Happy As long as you have either or, you will be just fine! =)
~Sunshine Smiley Happy
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 8 (1,251 Views)
Tutor

so where at&t for lte using band 4, are straight talk using band 4 of lte ?

Message 3 of 8 (1,235 Views)
ACE - Professor

@domolek

Band 4 is being used in areas where Band 17 is not present such as places like the Midwestern states etc. Band 5 is also being used in those areas as they have much better in building penetration as opposed to Band 4. Smiley Happy

Hope this answers your question!
~Sunshine Smiley Happy
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 8 (1,221 Views)
Tutor

so in the connecticut state i cant use band 4? because i have a verizon galaxy s4 and lte band of this phone is 13 and 4, i wanna to move to at&t and use this phone with at&t card in connecticut

Message 5 of 8 (1,205 Views)
ACE - Professor

@domolek - Because AT&T does not use Band 4 in Connecticu...

@domolek - Because AT&T does not use Band 4 in Connecticut as of yet, you would not see LTE on the Verizon S4. However, you will be able to use HSPA+ which is way faster than Verizon's 3G network and can be faster than their LTE as well.
~Sunshine Smiley Happy
Message 6 of 8 (1,194 Views)
Tutor

Re: @domolek - Because AT&T does not use Band 4 in Connecticu...

what speed im gonna have in hartford area on hspa+ ?

Message 7 of 8 (1,179 Views)
ACE - Professor

@domolek - It's tough to say since signal can be affected...

@domolek - It's tough to say since signal can be affected by many things, but 6Mbps - 8Mbps down is a good average.
~Sunshine Smiley Happy
Message 8 of 8 (1,169 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.