Check for service outages
A99rv8ted's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, May 15th, 2017 3:30 PM

Weak cell signal

I live in a covered AT&T area with the cell tower being about a mile and a half from my house. My husband, my daughter and I all have iPhone 5S. Their phones will get 3 - 5 bars of signal while mine is never over 2 bars. Even if I'm setting right beside one of them. I have the same problem with the wifi reception. I can't even use my wifi because when and if it does connect it disconnects from no signal almost immediately, so I have to keep my data turned on all the time, that would be fine if the unlimited data packages were actually unlimited but that's not true, after 6gb it is supposed to slow down but I can try to use the data after the high speed is used up and nothing ever loads. Dial up would be my phones data ten times over, it will try to load for a hour and never pull up anything from the internet. I have been fighting with this for almost two years now with no help from AT&T customer service other than telling me to buy an additional router for my house. $200 later and my signal is still no better and still nothing after using 6gb of high speed data, nothing with open no matter how long I wait. When at&t says the data speed slows, that should be considered false advertising, because to slow means it still works but takes longer, stopping completey fits better, they just don't say it stopped and they let you believe it just taking longer. Just another way AT&T is ripping off loyal customers who pay upfront for our phones and pay larger plan prices in advance for service, month after month for years with no appreciation in return. Go phone customers should be the ones catered to with free and discounted upgrades rather than the people with contracts who break the contract a few months after activation for non payment.

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

7 years ago

1.  There is no AT&T unlimited plan that slows at 6 gigs.  The is a Mobile Share Advantage plan with a 6 gig limit which is throttled once the cap is reached.  It was NEVER advertised as unlimited.  It was advertised as NO OVERAGES.  You have 6 gigs, period.  You were not promised more.   If it's not enough you have to increase your data plan.  

2.   3 identical phones in the same place would have the same service unless one is defective.  So your phone is either defective or damaged.  

3.   If only your phone won't connect to cellular or wifi, but the other 2 phones work fine, then whynis it an ATT problem?   It's NOT.   Your phone is defective.   Contact Apple to find out what your options for repair are.  If it can't be repaired, then you can contact Apple or ATT to see it you are due for an upgrade.  

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@A99rv8ted I agree, there is no unlimited service that slows down at 6GB. 

If you have a Mobile Share Advantage plan, you get whatever you pay for (6GB) and then they give you unbearably slow internet for the rest of the month. If you keep running out, you need a larger plan.

Have you checked out the pricing of the new unlimited plans?  http://att.com/unlimited

Tutor

• 

13 Messages

7 years ago

Correction to those saying there is no unlimited plan. The original poster stated that they are a "GoPhone" customer. So am I. As such, you are given 6 GB high speed data. After you reach that, you have unlimited slow data. It should allow emails, basic internet browsing, etc.

Tutor

• 

13 Messages

7 years ago

I would be inclined to believe the device is faulty. Due to my current experience with Apple (device less than 6 month old, they called it an out of warranty repair, charging me $269 for "repairs"...) go to Best Buy or Walmart's websites. You should still be able to find the same *new device for just under $200 (cost includes $45 gophone refill card!) Had I known that Apple was going to pull this, I would have chucked the old phone and bought another one through either store's website. I hope this helps and helps you avoid the headache with Apple I am currently dealing with 🙂

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

7 years ago

@TNikki

The 6 gig plan is not advertised as "unlimited".  It's a 6 gig plan with no overages.  The unlimited 2G data is pretty much unusable on either the Gophone or Mobile Share Advantage plan.   It would be false advertising to advertise as "unlimited data".  

Apple warranties it's phones for one year against manufacturer defects.  The warranty is void if the phone has damage l which would mean any repair would be billed.

The iPhone SE can be purchased new from Gophone for $290 with the $45 card.  It may be sold cheaper at other prepaid retailers.  The full price is $400

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Now if its a weak signal. That s on them not me.Why should I have to pay for any kind of house router or whatever. Come to find out they knew the tower in this area was dropping calls. Fix it, don t sell me another part. This is robbery.......  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.