The Samsung Galaxy S24
nuvision1001's profile

Teacher

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, October 1st, 2019 12:15 PM

Voicemail service not available

Phone:  HTC A9

When accessing voicemail I get the "Service Not Available" message.  It has been this way for the last 5 days ...

This is the first time this has happened in the last 4 years.

Thank you ...

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

I called Tech support as instructed by Tim, the Community Strategy guy.

Tech support was unable to do anything to resolve my issue. They were very polite and gave me a ticket number, and told me to wait 48 hours to elevate the issue to 'higher level'. Is it possible that the A-Team is not manning the phones? Tim's message was to call and get immediate resolution. 48 hours+ is not immediate.

I assume a tech giant like AT&T should be more capable than this. I am very disappointed.

Russ

ASUS ZenFone4

Mentor

• 

45 Messages

4 years ago

DO NOT CALL TECH SUPPORT....THIS WILL ACCOMPLISH NOTHING.....THEY HAVE NOT BEEN TOLD WHAT THE PROBLEM IS........THEY WILL TRY TO FIX, TRANSFER YOU TO A NON-EXISTING 'NEXT LEVEL'  AND ONLY ACCOMPLISH GETTING YOU TICKED EVEN MORE....all you can do is wait for the fix to come to you.......it is a 'vender server problem' and that will be fixed when it is fixed.....I mistakenly went down that road (see previous posts) , then after almost 3 wks  finally vm started working again (until it doesn't-so far hasn't gone out again like some unfortunates have posted)......no amount of effort on your part will do any good.....techs cannot fix the issue (beyond their fingertips)......wait and suffer like all of us.....maybe they will give you a coupon for some ice cream for the inconvenience but you have to wait on hold for at least 5 hrs......

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

I filed an FCC Complaint on-line, and within 45mins, I received a call from the office of the President of AT&T on this issue.  They President's admin is aware of the issue, but unable to fix it, or worse yet even give me a time/date estimate of when it will be fixed.   

What will get AT&T's full attention is something in the industry called "churn" whereby a customer gets mad enough to switch to another carrier.  In the mean time, I would highly recommend filing an on-line complaint with the FCC, as this hurts AT&T, and will further force them to put resources (money) to fixing this ASAP!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I hope everyone here realizes that ATT Merged with the largest media company in America and that's why this story has not been reported. If it was reported and their stocks fell, this would be fixed by now.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

My husband's voicemail doesn't work but mine does. Called at&t and told they know about the issue and I should wait 8 days and if still happening call them again. What? I work for a telecommunications company as as a technician and I have to restore service to my customers within 24 hrs or if equipment needs replaced sometimes up to 72 hrs. But 8 days?! Wow! What looks like from all these posts this has actually been happening since 10/1/2019. Here it is the 17th. Hmmm........do we all get a discount credit on our bill for no voicemail? 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I have 3 lines, the voicemail on my brothers line (samsung 8 active) doesn't work and hasn't worked in a week. He gets a notice that he has a voicemail,  but can't access the voicemail and the missed call doesn't show in his call log.  My line, Samsung note 9, works just fine,  and my 3rd line, (iphone) the voicemail has never been set up. 

Customer service says that an update was done and there are known issues with some users,  and they blamed my brothers issue on his older phone.  I have read complaint after complaint about this exact same voicemail issue from people with newer phones,  newer than mine. 

We were told to keep waiting for the issue to be corrected, but wasn't told when that may be.  We were not offered any troubleshooting options or any discounts or credits for the service not working properly for a week. 

Very frustrating...

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

my Voicemail doesn’t work. Just click sounds. I’ve tried everything. If a caller call and I decline a call it just clicks and disconnects. The only time when voicemail works is when I reset the entire phone for a brief tine.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

Same here. 😔I call from my house phone and the line just clicks. Then d/c. 

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

Mine was down since Jan never noticed these complaints until recently. 

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

4 years ago

Scan the forum pages, this is an ongoing problem for many

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.