Upgrade Schedule for current EDGE towers?

Contributor

Upgrade Schedule for current EDGE towers?

I'm near Queets, WA and have been suffering with pathetic EDGE data through-put (and sketchy voice) for years.  I'd like to start a business out here, but there is no way I could with the current telecommunications infrastructure.  Service levels were better in rural Republican of Congo and India than in the U.S. Now I'm concerned that AT&T will totally ignore rural areas and focus exclusively on 4G in the cities.  

Can we get any idea what and when improvements are going to happen?

Message 1 of 2 (1,482 Views)
Highlighted
Former Moderator
Solution
Accepted by ATT_James (Former Moderator)
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

Re: Upgrade Schedule for current EDGE towers?

[ Edited ]

bwoods3 wrote:

I'm near Queets, WA and have been suffering with pathetic EDGE data through-put (and sketchy voice) for years.  I'd like to start a business out here, but there is no way I could with the current telecommunications infrastructure.  Service levels were better in rural Republican of Congo and India than in the U.S. Now I'm concerned that AT&T will totally ignore rural areas and focus exclusively on 4G in the cities.  

Can we get any idea what and when improvements are going to happen?

bwoods3,

I found this article that answers some of your concerns.

Expansion expected to cover 300 million people by year-end 2014

James

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 2 (1,420 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.