Helpful Links

Unlocked Phone APN Settings

Community Manager
Moved:

Re: Unlocked Phone APN Settings

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 31 of 36
Employee

Hi Bruce, one of the unlock policy's att has is that you need to USE that phone with the specific account that you're requesting the unlock for at least 6 months, now if you need your phone unlocked a third party company can unlock it for you, of course in exchange of an amount of money.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 32 of 36
Highlighted

Does anyone know what the settings are for a prepaid gophone???

Message 33 of 36
Contributor

I have been searching forever for the APN settings that would allow me to get and receive photos in my text messages. NET10 (my provider, though I use an AT&T phone) was no help at all. I got different settings from different customer service reps. Your settings jogged something in my head. I was told I HAD to have the same thing in both Ports (80). Then I saw the APN Type that you had. NET10 customer service NEVER provided anything for this. I was ready to try your settings even though my phone is an AT&T Radiant (and NET10 provider), when the light bulb finally went off in my head - DUH!!  Look at my boyfriend's phone and try HIS settings!!!!  While he has an LG phone, we are on the same plan with NET10. I thought the settings were dependent on the provider AND the type of phone. This may not be the case, cuz VIOLA!!!!   I used his settings and I now get internet (which I COULD get before) AND also, FINALLY, I can send and receive photos in my text messages!!!!!  Something so darn simple, yet I spent days on this!!  Here's my info. I hope it can help someone else (thanks again for the inspiration!!!!):

AT&T Radiant phone, 4G, Android.   NET10 Provider.

APN Settings are:

Name: Net10 (it appears this name doesn't matter. It can be whatever you want it to be)

APN: tfdata

Proxy: not set

Port: not set  ( NET 10 said this had to be 80, same as the MMS proxy. Well, apparently NOT!!)

User name: not set

Password: not set

Server: not set

MMSC: http://mms-tf.net

MMS proxy: mms3.tracfone.com

MMS Port: 80

MCC: 310

MNC: 410

Authentication Type: none

APN Type: default,mms,supl

[APN is enabled, in grey here, done in the step or two before you actually get into these settings]

Bearer: unspecified

I hope this helps someone else!!!  Thanks for the info. This site is incredible!

Message 34 of 36
Contributor

Forgot to mention, my AT&T Radiant is a "Go Phone", but again, my provider is NET 10 (for NOW).  I am not sure if having a Go Phone that is truely prepaid would need different settings or not.  Thanks again!

Message 35 of 36
Employee

For more information, visit Programming non-AT&T devices with the correct APN and MMS data settings

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

Employee Contributor*
Tags (1)
Message 36 of 36
Share this topic
Announcements

Is the iPhone X worth it? Find out why it totally is!

Find out how to track your iPhone's delivery!

Let us help you Give the Gift of AT&T Wireless this holiday season!

Additional Support