Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Unlocked Azpen G1058 GSM tablet can’t receive cellular data

Highlighted
Contributor

Unlocked Azpen G1058 GSM tablet can’t receive cellular data

Bought this tablet new off amazon and it mentions AT&T in the instructions and has preset APN network setups in settings but it can’t get more than 3g data and really I don’t think it’s receiving any data because all websites time out before they can load. It came with no sim so I went to AT&T store and got sim and they set up account and rep tried to get tablet working but no luck.  Went to another AT&T store and lady said AT&T sometimes throttles unlocked devices but this tablet seems to be set up for AT&T and it’s getting no data, not just getting throttled down.  I used my T-Mobile sim and it worked fine but I need tablet to work on AT&T network. Called manufacturer and they said same that AT&T may not provide data on non AT&T devices in some areas. But no specific help. I might try AT&T tech support but I dread going through the whole troubleshooting and guessing process again so thought I’d try this forum,  and help will be greatly appreciated!!!! Thanks.

Message 1 of 5
ACE - Sage
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by Bjr350z
‎07-17-2019 3:42 PM

Re: Unlocked Azpen G1058 GSM tablet can’t receive cellular data

It’s a low powered tablet.  It’s not going to be speedy on WiFi either.

https://www.alphachooser.com/tablet_computers--azpen_g1058--tablet_computer-specs-and-profile

I would return it for a name brand.  

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 5
Contributor

Thanks for the info.  Tablet is really just for my eighty year old mom to watch you tube vids. Which surprisingly on WiFi YouTube works well playing vids  but pulling up other websites has made it lock up a couple times.  I would keep it if I could get 4g speed cause for just $90  it comes with a Bluetooth keyboard and leather cover that allows tablet to stand up so with keyboard it’s almost like a chromebook.  It looked like a perfect deal cause I didn’t imagine I would have this data problem with AT&T.  Uuugghhh at this point I probably will return it and get a cheap tablet from AT&T.  

Message 3 of 5
Contributor

After some more research I think I’m having the same problem as @GFUR23J  and his unlocked international Samsung phone.  Mine is also a dual sim but maybe the sim should have been activated but in a normal AT&T prepaid phone before being put in this tablet I got off amazon. I might try that that but @lizdance40  you’re right it’s a cheap-o and it’s locking up on me also so I’m sure I will return it and probably get a att Samsung like you were recommending!    Thanks.

Tags (1)
Message 4 of 5
ACE - Sage

@Bjr350z wrote:

Thanks for the info.  Tablet is really just for my eighty year old mom to watch you tube vids. Which surprisingly on WiFi YouTube works well playing vids  but pulling up other websites has made it lock up a couple times.  I would keep it if I could get 4g speed cause for just $90  it comes with a Bluetooth keyboard and leather cover that allows tablet to stand up so with keyboard it’s almost like a chromebook.  It looked like a perfect deal cause I didn’t imagine I would have this data problem with AT&T.  Uuugghhh at this point I probably will return it and get a cheap tablet from AT&T.  

A fire tablet would have been a better buy, but it’s wifi only.  

When it comes to bargain tablets, there is little to be said for android tablets.  I have a 7” Samsung tab e which is “meh”.  

Ipad just works.  Check amazon for a refurbished older iPad.  

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 5 of 5
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Do you need to fix, replace or track a device? We Can Help With That!

Additional Support