Check for service outages
ryukyuken's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Sunday, October 8th, 2017 2:38 AM

Unable to unlock paid off phone

Hi I have been trying to get my Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge unlocked and having some issues. Would really appreciate any suggestions on how to address this. 

1) I had paid off my phone installments 3 months ago 

2) I went to att.com/deviceunlock to request for my phone to be unlocked and received the following warning each time: 

"This device isn’t eligible to be unlocked now because all of the installment payments have not been paid. 
Log in to your account to check your payoff information and pay the installments online. 
You can submit a new request 24 hours after you make the payment."

3) I contacted the AT&T service number twice and each time, the service person confirmed that the phone was paid off and created a case ticket to have this looked at

4) Both times, I received a generic email directing me to go to the att.com/deviceunlock site to request for the phone to be unlocked. I have not been able to get any help from AT&T on the matter

Has anyone else encountered a similar issue and found a way to resolve this sort of issue? 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

Providing update:

I called AT&T again earlier today and had the service rep direct me to a manager to put in a new case that could be further escalated. I was expecting a call today to resolve the issue but had not received any calls or updates by 5:30PM, so called AT&T again. I worked with customer service rep that conducted several follow-ups with various departments over the courses of an 1.5 hour call.

The issue was in that my phone had been a used replacement phone (replaced by AT&T through their At&T Mobile Protection Plan) and the IMEI was still linked to the account of the prior owner. As that account had been cancelled and the phone not paid off, it was registering the phone as having remaining installments. I was able to eventually get connected with someone who was able to get the phone unlocked on the back-end and provide me with an unlock code. 

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

5 years ago

I have been trying to get my wifes phone unlocked to go to Europe we had paid Att next account off 6 months ago. Every time i go to ATT unlock portal and put info in I get sorry looks like you haven’t paid off your phone yet! I have two phones one is mine totally paid off and unlocked because I paid cash for mine the other us my wifes and we have waited for two years to pay off next acct so she can use it in Italy where we have a condo. Frustrated with ATT

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.