Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jun 3, 2014
9:37:50 AM
Unable to make calls in SF East Bay - Oakland and Berkeley

Although my phone says I have 5 bars (of Edge) service, every time I try to make a call, the call fails. And it's not just me - others are experiencing the same problem.  What gives?

-- Neal

Although my phone says I have 5 bars (of Edge) service, every time I try to make a call, the call fails. And it's not just me - others are experiencing the same problem.  What gives?

-- Neal

Unable to make calls in SF East Bay - Oakland and Berkeley

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 3, 2014 9:43:49 AM
(0)
Tutor

OK -- now my iPhone 5s is bouncing back and forth between LTE and 4G, and is intermittently able to make calls. I'm in downtown Oakland, if that makes a difference.

OK -- now my iPhone 5s is bouncing back and forth between LTE and 4G, and is intermittently able to make calls. I'm in downtown Oakland, if that makes a difference.

Re: Unable to make calls in SF East Bay - Oakland and Berkeley

2 of 5 (287 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 5, 2014 12:34:27 PM
(0)
Community Manager

Hello @naparish 

I believe there was a minor outage in your area that was quickly resolved. Are you still experiencing any issues?

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Hello @naparish 

I believe there was a minor outage in your area that was quickly resolved. Are you still experiencing any issues?

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

3 of 5 (234 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 5, 2014 12:54:50 PM
(0)
Tutor
No, the issue resolved itself later that day.
No, the issue resolved itself later that day.

4 of 5 (233 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 5, 2014 1:59:52 PM
(0)
Community Manager

Great, thanks!

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Great, thanks!

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

5 of 5 (227 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments