Check for service outages
Lilbitwayward's profile

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

Monday, November 21st, 2016 7:58 AM

Technical difficulty at home !!

In an era where we explore space light-years away or in ocean depths where the pressures are immense, one would think a super technically advanced communications giant like at&t would be able to provide a customers with a signal from a tower only 11 miles a way. Remember this at&t ,your only as strong as your weakest link. In such a fast paced world a mobile device should be sufficient for anyone. This leaves me to believe that all our pleas for help have landed upon deaf ears or the almighty dollar is worth more than settling this issue. Maybe now that political corruptness has a chance of being delt with on a presidential level perhaps it will trickle all the way down to the service commissioner and FCC. This pocket of customers has to purchase a service for a land line as well as a cell phone plan to communicate ,which is at this point in time a laughable testomony to your support for your patrions. That is if it wasn't such an outrage. The extra revenue you are strong arming from your customers should be enough to provide fuel for a couple of your big wig's leer jets. Prove me wrong and get us the signal we deserve or provide both services for
the price of one. Thank you. Columbia, Louisiana

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@Lilbitwayward wrote:
This leaves me to believe that all our pleas for help have landed upon death ears or the almighty dollar is worth more than settling this issue.

It's DEAF ears, isn't it? 

@Lilbitwayward wrote:
This pocket of customers has to purchase a land line as well as a cell phone plan to communicate 

You do not have to buy a cell phone.

Professor

• 

3.2K Messages

7 years ago

Even in this new era, the FCC has no authority, nor will it, to force carriers to cover ever inch of the US. That pressure is brought on the carriers by the consumer.......switch carriers.

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

7 years ago

Your kidding right?  Geographic dead zones can happen regardless of how close you are to a tower and sometimes are blocked for all carriers.  We have a spot in our town where no one on any carrier gets signal.

If it's just your house a Microcell is a one time purchase and provides service through a broadband  internet connection. 

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

7 years ago

Thanks for correcting my spelling and the little fact check my friend .
I'm always eager to learn for knowledge is power. The truth of the matter
is I knew these things you speak of .I was in a hurry and failed to do a
proper proof reading. Thank you..

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

7 years ago

We tried a micro cell we are in a rural area so only satalitte is available for Wifi rendering the service crippled.Please forgive me for I stand corrected yet once again when I say I have no signal.The facts are it goes from none to sometimes as much as 3 bars depending on where your standing ,also indoors or outdoors..I ask at&t about a booster but all they want to discuss is microcell

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

7 years ago

When I was growing up if you sold a service or product it had to do what it was
Intended to do or it was considered false advertising and left the seller liable. Now days all that is required is a pretty package and a product that barely works past warranty if that.The departure from these policies of integrity and work ethics was so gradual that a lot of folks still don't realize they were left behind and the youngsters didn't experience these times so they don't have a clue. It is so common place now to defraud that it is scary. Don't under estimate technology, There are walkies, talkies that get better signals. Why should a company provide a service to a small hick, non heard community that would ultimately result in lost revenue due to the lack of the need for a land line. Warming: For it is easier to thread a camel through the eye of a needle than it is for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

7 years ago

Your killing me here Ace . While I do appreciate your constructive criticism my high school education stopped at the  10th grade, anything else I learned was done on my on. Besides I think Your totally missing my point Thank You for your understanding in this matter.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@Lilbitwayward wrote:
Thanks for correcting my spelling and the little fact check my friend .
I'm always eager to learn for knowledge is power. The truth of the matter
is I knew these things you speak of .I was in a hurry and failed to do a
proper proof reading. 

Seriously? You went for "explore space light-years away", "strong as your weakest link" and "now that political corruptness has a chance of being delt with on a presidential level perhaps it will trickle all the way down to the service commissioner and FCC" and you're going to say you were "in a hurry"?  No way does that hold water...

That said, I was only giving you a hard time about the death ears because of your overly extensive prose, you clearly had time as you were contemplating the immense pressure of the ocean's depth.

There are walkies, talkies that get better signals.

And that would be great if they were compatible technologies. We can send signals to the moon, but that doesn't help you any if they aren't compatible.

Why should a company provide a service to a small hick, non heard community that would ultimately result in lost revenue due to the lack of the need for a land line.

I'm sure they'd love to sell you wired internet also. If you've paid for cell service and don't have service, then I suppose the marketing has succeeded in paying for the corporate jet. 

if it wasn't such an outrage

It's not an outrage, you live in an area where you can't even get wired internet, poor cell signal can't be a big surprise.

Talk with your wallet, do not give them your money for cell service!  Or better yet, give it to the competition.  

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

7 years ago

That is part of the problem,no one believes in quality products or service anymore therefore they don't question any thing but instead mull around through life like a brain dead zombie. Just what is the public service commissioner's and the fcc's responsibilitys then if not to help protect consumers from over charging carriers ? Further more I'm not speaking of an inch but more in square miles.What percentage of people would you estimate would keep a land line service if they could do the same thing and even more with a cell phone service.
Finally if in fact there really is a dead zone ,what is causing the interference and what will it take to overcome this problem? I'm sure the technology exists to fix this if they really cared.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

7 years ago

Suggest you take a course in radio communications. Maybe when you understand the limitations, you'll understand the difficulty in providing coverage to sparse areas and why no carrier is able to provide a reliable signal "from a tower only 11 miles away".

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.